>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 18-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
ATOMHAWK – 3D - Nothing left - elgama

So, in my vision, atomhawk is, positively, whats left of a almost lost mankind, it has been disarmed and now serves only as a vehicle... BUT, a bad guy wants it badly so he can rearm it and rule the world alone...
I made a few tech notes, regarding the design of the "atomhawk" that will help me in the next phase of the concept, after a few iterations im going to develop this one:

I also have the bad guy blocked in in zbrush, nothing fancy, just the rough shapes.

And thats it...

UPDATE:

Atomhawk remake, decided to go with a more military and aggressive look,

Last edited by elgama; 20-03-2011 at 02:37 PM..
elgama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Update on "Dru", the bad guy, some testing using keyshot.

And the atomhawk getting blocked

Last edited by elgama; 23-03-2011 at 01:42 AM..
Old 26-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
elgama

Awards Showcase
Hi there, ive +- finished the models, just playing around getting more ideas.

Here are 2 tests, ive yet to decide about a final composition but i have a few things in mind, i like to build the pieces 1st , then put them together and play a bit.

The veihcle will be matte black most likely with camo and more hitech stuff, i did this shot just for fun.

The bad guy will have some sort of badass hitech/gigger tatoo, ill also add some sort of hair tech attachments...dunno yet.

Last edited by elgama; 26-03-2011 at 05:16 PM..
Old 29-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
elgama

Awards Showcase
Progress on the hawk overpaint:

Feel free to comment!

ty
Old 29-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Like the vehicule concept so far!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Blender-Man

Somewhere in the Way you change the craft concept and for me the first 2 are better .
Great work.
Blender-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
elgama

Awards Showcase
hello! So, ive been working on my entry and this is where i am atm:

Meanwhile i started to develop the "ui" that will hold the title etc, just playing around exploring some shapes and ideas..hope you like it!

Feel free to comment and thank you.

Cheers
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
elgama

Awards Showcase
Thumbs up

Sup guys, i`ve finished my entry, just waiting for the submission thread to popup.

Just want to say that i loved entering this competition, learned a lot, saw great stuff from all contestants and had tonnns of fun.

So to all of you, keep drawing, learning and having fun doing what you like most in life.

Hugs and good luck all!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
grapix

Awards Showcase
Good luck !
grapix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
TKSDeadly

lovely entry dude ....but to me its more of a 2d entry then 3d : cuz i see more 2d paintovers then 3d assets and renders itself .....but i think thats judges decision in the end over all nice execution.

Good luck
Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
elgama

Awards Showcase
Hehe, thanks man, really apreciate it!

Well i understand what do you mean, from the "spectator point of view" you can actualy see more 2d aspects in the poster size wise, but, on the other hand, besides the smoke, the background and some texturing, the "main chars" are, of course, 3d, base mesh done with Maya, sculpted in Zbrush, the hair and body hair were done with Shave&Haircut and rendered with mentalray as was the tech stuff. I also polypainted the skin in zbrush, rendered it with Vray. The vehicle was rendered using Keyshot with like 10 different materials, mattes etc, So as you know, every step i mentioned takes a HUGE amount of time thats why i stated it as 3d work.

hugs!

Last edited by elgama; 10-04-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Old 10-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
dalton_muniz

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 74 ''Fight Scene'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Cool work man! I liked the designs that you did aswell the color treatment! Boa sorte!!
dalton_muniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #13
elgama

Awards Showcase
Thank you all, just crediting the fonts ill be using in the final entry. And they are:

tungsten by hofler-frere jones
and
armchair modern by Stefán Kjartansson

Hugs
Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #14
TCyril

I love the design of the Hawk.
the "city" in the background is very interesting to, the curve remind the logo. The eye of the man must be worked more, because we must really see that he look at the spectator but I'm shure that you already knew that ;-)
keep it up !
TCyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
elgama

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCyril View Post
I love the design of the Hawk.
the "city" in the background is very interesting to, the curve remind the logo. The eye of the man must be worked more, because we must really see that he look at the spectator but I'm shure that you already knew that ;-)
keep it up !
Thanks man, i`m glad you like it. About the eye of "Dru" actually he`s looking at the void or "at anything" in particular, to transmit is careless and empty feeling, at 1st i used a real eye, but he immediately got too human...so i switched to the all dark version.
Anyway, i already submitted my entry, you can see the final version in the submission thread, thank you again and have fun.