>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 05-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #31
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
Oh crap, I thought this was still about drones :[

I guess I won't have time to participate in this competition this week. I still have to finish my Bruce Wayne model before anything else but I will hopefully be able to get into the next challenge
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #32
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Total Awards: 7
It was time to move on :-) You've got four more days, if you can carv out some time... If not, will be waiting to see what you can show us in next challenge :-)
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #33
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Finished next entry, I am planning on making one more tommorow.

What you guys? I hope you've got some nice entries hidden. It's last day tommorow and next competition is ahead. Hope I won't be competing with myself

Old 10-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #34
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Another entry, last one for this comp. Need to think out next theme

Software used: 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Marmoset

Old 10-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #35
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
7 minutes before midnight... Revisited the grenade, now I am much more satisfied with it.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #36
jb5

Ammo Case

This is my first submission on 3D Total for any kind of challenge. Created in 3ds Max and used Photoshop for texturing.

jb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #37
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Nice one, dude! I like that you modeled the handle also :-)

Going to put up new challenge today or tommorow morning, need to think up the theme first
Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #38
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
If you can get the post up tonight then I should have time to work on something this weekend with luck

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #39
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Excellent :-) Here I go. Gotta love those demotivational posters...

Topic #03 - Fire

Details:

Even the tiniest sparkle can turn into unstoppable force of nature, swalloving everything in it's path. Sometimes it takes more to put it down than personal fire extinguisher - firecrews with fire cars or even helicopters. But what if we don't want to put it down? What if we want to help it a little? Well, you have plenty of options. From matches and fuze across flamethrowers to deadly napalms bombs. Choice is yours, fire awaits!

Tris, textures, etc:

3 000 tris at max (this time quite benevolent tri limit, so you can go nuts if you want to create something bigger)
1024x1024 of any maps - diffuse, specular, bump, norma, AO, glow, alpha,... You don't have to use the whole limit, this is up to you, only telling you when to stop

Dead line:

27th of March, Midnight

Final post must have:

- final shot - textured low-poly version with all maps applied
- texture sheet
- hi-poly version (if you have any, else never mind)
- poly count, texture size, your nick, name of theme, name of your creation, software used

We've got two weeks now, good luck!
Old 19-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #40
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
I'm going to rebuild my PC this weekend so maybe I'll get the chance to enter if everything installs smoothly

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #41
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
... I've just spent the last couple working my PC, AND now I'm installing a new one, I'll see if I can come up with something quickly when I'm done.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #42
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Glad to hear :-) Looking forward.

Here is my quick fire extingusiher. Nothing special, just classical prop. Hope to finish it today
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #43
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Awards Showcase
Finished.

Software used: 3Ds Max, Marmoset, xNormal, VRay, Photoshop

Old 26-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #44
Krallis
D3

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
An extinguisher...?
I thought the point was to cause fire.

"What if we want to help it a little? Well, you have plenty of options. From matches and fuze across flamethrowers to deadly napalms bombs. Choice is yours, fire awaits!"

Softimage User.

------------------------------------------------
Nadir-- FINISHED
[CENTER]
Krallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #45
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Nice little thread you guys have here .

Three very nice drones I must say , all with their own distinguished style.

You also seem to be amassing a prop gallery as well .

Keep up the minis!
Cheers

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote