>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge

Old 09-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
The New Weekly Photo Modelling Challenge #04

How Does This Work Then?

Each week or two myself or 3D Total's photo resource will provide a set of photo's to model from.

Each challenge we would like all who participate to model from the same references to learn, improve or showcase your ability in modelling from a photo set.

In my version of this challenge there are no limits to how many tris/quads you wish to use, but I would like to see you all try to match the photo as closely as possible in size & shape aswell as texturing too.

The Rules

Please post your wires, clays, & any texture sheets and final renders in this thread, wip and on topic chat is also fine here too, these challenges are supposed to be fun and we are not too strict on the rules.

The Prizes

The only prizes are a gold, silver and bronze awards dictated by these lovely little icons

Deadline: Friday 23rd November 2012 10:00pm.
Deadline Timer

This Weeks Challenge: Calculator.

This is the only photo you'll need for this challenge, i'm dialing the difficulty down a touch for this challenge.

Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
URs3D.net
CGI Freelancer

Send a message via MSN to URs3D.net
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won the Speed Modelling Challenge 140 & 141 - Napkin Holder/Dispenser Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Its rock bottom

follow me on twitter
URs3D.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
URs3D.net
CGI Freelancer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won the Speed Modelling Challenge 140 & 141 - Napkin Holder/Dispenser Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
its not as easy as it looks though

follow me on twitter

Last edited by URs3D.net; 10-11-2012 at 04:43 PM..
Old 10-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
I thought that, don't let it fool you.... to get this modelled and textured accuratly it won't be that easy
Twitter
Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Yeah! Should be fun.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
URs3D.net
CGI Freelancer

Awards Showcase
So, this is my modeling WIP..
just some viewport grab
Attached Images

follow me on twitter
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
oooohh very nice start already
Twitter
Old 11-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
ServantOfTheNoise

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Award Description: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 1
Nice one URs3D.net. This is my wip
Attached Images

ServantOfTheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Very good start guys!

Here's my attempt:

Details of screws:

And slider thing:

Next up: punch holes on the front to place them buttons!

And for wireframe lovers:

My WIP dump
Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Looking good McFly - great work on the smaller details
Twitter
Old 12-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
URs3D.net
CGI Freelancer

Awards Showcase
So here is my final entry. No time for the rest of the week. So this one is done rather quickly..

Keep up the good work! Nice entries already!

follow me on twitter

Last edited by URs3D.net; 15-11-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Beautifully done!
Twitter
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #13
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Indeed. Good job. I like the lil details like slightly curved buttons.

My WIP dump
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #14
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Great entries guys!!
Here is what i have:

pavolsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
pavolsvk > nice model too! Throw a floor material and it will be more eye-candy.

My final entry (not too happy with the chrome material on screws):

My WIP dump