>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery

Old 22-02-2005, 09:47 PM   #16
JHarford
Director@Airship

Send a message via MSN to JHarford
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row 
Total Awards: 11
Protected : My take
JHarford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #17
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My skateboard model was featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Female thread up on plug bar The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Rick whipslash bane was on the top row of the forums The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Posting a video in the Sculpting thread The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Whipslash bane featured on top row 
Alterations
Old 22-02-2005, 11:41 PM   #18
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
again : . todays if you still want in is....

1. Protected (vs. unprotected), secure -- (kept safe or defended from danger or injury or loss; "the most protected spot I could find")
2. protected, saved -- (guarded from injury or destruction)
Old 23-02-2005, 03:45 AM   #19
Mr-Ru

Red face too much redbull

hello! me again. it just me or has Hotmail gone belly up today? can't get Messenger to work and the website times out when i entered my password.

anyway. my silly take on protection. not so abstract or as complete but it has a kitten on it and everyone loves kittens.
Mr-Ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 05:52 AM   #20
A N T I

...if you have problems with you hotmail, mr-Ru, I could give you a gmail-invite (1 gig galore

Last edited by A N T I; 23-02-2005 at 05:54 AM..
A N T I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 06:04 AM   #21
Mr-Ru

Quote:
Originally posted by A N T I
...if you have problems with you hotmail, mr-Ru, I could give you a gmail-invite (1 gig galore
funny enough, i just checked it now and it's working again

neat armored man
Mr-Ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #22
A N T I

Quote:
neat armored man
thanx

and if anyone should have a prob with their mails, just PM me. I have 6 invites (I think )
Old 23-02-2005, 08:15 AM   #23
insomniac

Hey guys I did one to, hope you don't mind if i share it with everyone. Tried to give it a really strong feeling an aggressor and a defender. I suppose it's not 100% exact to the topic but once i had the idea i had to do it.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 08:21 AM   #24
A N T I

neat! shame it aint done yet though...

for background, make some dramatic black clouds. dramatic black clouds are cool, and I think they will fit in with the dragon.
Old 23-02-2005, 01:40 PM   #25
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
It is done, its a sketch, very very nice one too .
I'd keep going with the darkening and sharpening process. How big did you make it?

Nice work RU and anti.
Todays word is ....

Wet

Here are google definitions
There are a lot of ones here to get you going . Nothing uber rude please lol.

moisture: wetness caused by water; "drops of wet gleamed on the window"
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

cause to become wet; "Wet your face"

make one's bed or clothes wet by urinating; "This eight year old boy still wets his bed"

covered or soaked with a liquid such as water; "a wet bathing suit"; "wet sidewalks"; "wet paint"; "wet weather"

supporting or permitting the legal production and sale of alcoholic beverages; "a wet candidate running on a wet platform"; "a wet county"

producing or secreting milk; "a wet nurse"; "a wet cow"; "lactating cows"

consisting of or trading in alcoholic liquor; "a wet cargo"; "a wet canteen"

besotted: very drunk

Consisting entirely of processed sound. The output of an effects device is 100% wet when only the output of the processor itself is being heard, with none of the dry (unprocessed) signal. Compare with dry.
http://www.tagnet.org/digitalhymnal/...ssary_m-z.html

To come in contact with, and flow across (a surface, body, or area) - said of air or other fluid.
roland.lerc.nasa.gov/~dglover/dictionary/w.html

Containing water under dry weather conditions.
www.ciria.org/suds/glossary.htm

Consisting entirely of processed sound. The output of an effects device is 100% wet when only the output of the processor itself is being heard, with none of the dry (unprocessed) signal; also see dry.
http://www.voiceinfo.com/Products/To...lo/MANGLO.html

Having reverberation or ambience.
recordingeq.com/GlosPubUZ.htm

A sound to which a lot of reverb has been added. A full, rich sound.
www.hotdrum.net/education/terminology-10.html

Natural gas produced from strata containing condensable hydrocarbons or other liquids. The term is subject to varying legal definitions as specified by certain state statutes. (Usually maximum allowable is 7 lbs./MMCF for water content and 0.02 gals./MMCF for Natural Gasoline.)
http://www.americanmeter.com/techs/g.../glosmeas.html

A reservoir rock is said to be "wet" when it contains water but no hydrocarbons.
www.reefexploration.com/reefdic6.html

Rooting-zone groundwater present during the growing season (water supply exceeds demand). Groundwater table > 0 cm but 30 cm deep (Pojar et al 1987).
http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/prupert/wet...l/glossary.htm

Continuous film of moisture on the pavement sensor with a surface temperature above freezing (32F or 0C). This status can be reported by SSI ESP, SP, SCAN Detector, and NTCIP sites when precipitation has occurred.
rwis.mdt.state.mt.us/SCANWeb/glossary.htm

An adjective used to describe a processed audio signal.
tony.radio-esperanto.com/web_docs/audio/ch12_01.htm

Whole Effluent Toxicity test Source: US EPA
www.keikaventures.com/glossary.cfm

Is what you are after a Dragon-boat race
hemsidor.torget.se/users/b/Bofa/ord.htm

a condition where free water is present in a substance.
www.ballendorfer.com/glossary/glossaryW-Z.htm

The 'Vette gets 'em wet.
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~msham...salADG/w/w.htm

Pick one and make it your subject line.

have fun
Old 23-02-2005, 06:01 PM   #26
Ibbo

Woot? Aaah man, i hadent finished my other sketch !
Ibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #27
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
Lol no probs ibbo , get it done fast . and start this one.
I like this topic. i might run it for 2 days. picking 1 different definition each day.

Please no-one pick the urination one....
Old 23-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #28
Ibbo

Heh, ta but I decided to skip it and work on this! I found this brilliant tutorial for making water droplets, heres a rough attempt! I've been trying to make en effect like water on glass but this is the result of about 10 min's trying. Possible updates later!
Old 23-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #29
Ibbo

Doh!
Old 23-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #30
JHarford
Director@Airship

Awards Showcase
Not bad man ,
I was in the shower last night pretty late . and was looking at the water droplets on the glass. and how I could paint that. I came up with a few ideas that i'd like to try tonight.