>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 10-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I've won a speed modelling challenge (#08 Street Fighter). Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
Ojah - Old School - Hanzo Hattori

Took me a while to find a character that I wanted to make. In the end I chose hanzo hattori from samurai shodown.
Attached Images

Ojah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
Good progress
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
bakuryu06

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st Place SMC #91 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #03 After the Smoke Clears 
Total Awards: 3
This looks kickass already! can't wait to see more! I'm still struggling to find something. I don't want something thats mainstream ( Mario, Zelda, Etc. ) If metal gear solid hadn't turned into a huge franchise I would have done Solid Snake.
bakuryu06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I've won a speed modelling challenge (#08 Street Fighter). Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Thanks guys! Did some hard surface modeling, not sure yet if im going to bring him into zbrush for detailing, since I want to give him some toonshading in udk and have a few things I wish to try for the normal map. (the look im going for is like the right concept in my previous post)
Attached Images

Old 21-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
Update time! Chose a different concept to work from and made a lot of changes, but happy with this direction . ( http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...nzoHattori.jpg ).
Attached Images

Old 24-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
small update, fixed proportions and made an ink n paint rendertest to show the style I'm going for. Should have the low poly ready tomorrow so I can bring him into udk.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ojah; 24-02-2014 at 03:19 PM..
Old 26-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #7
marcobar

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place In SMC #92 
Total Awards: 2
Wicked shader! The toon look suits the model perfectly. Are you going to keep the cape at the back?
marcobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
Thanks! This is all still 3ds max though, but I should be able to get it to look more like the concept in udk (hopefully). Spend more time in udk than in max the last few days and got all my shader testing sorted out, so now I just need to finish the lowpoly model

Also added the cape, not sure if i'll have the time to make it physics based so I might just stick a few bones in for posing purposes.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #9
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
Sadly I'm not going to make it. Was unable to put in time over the last few days so it will take a bit longer. (and to add a pic, some low poly work in progress)
Attached Images

Last edited by Ojah; 02-03-2014 at 10:51 PM..
Old 03-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #10
marcobar

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place In SMC #92 
Total Awards: 2
Noo! I was looking forward to seeing this! Life happens, though, I definitely understand.

Keep working at it - looks great so far!
marcobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #11
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the encouragement, I will definitely finish this soon!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
Robbert543
Mental Raytard

Send a message via MSN to Robbert543
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 
Total Awards: 3
That guy is wicked!

I'd also love to see the shader you've built in UDK...?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
Ojah
Freelance Artist

Awards Showcase
Thanks! Didn't spend a lot of time on this last week, but I will finish it (soon, I hope) and I'll do a write-up about the shading stuff then.