>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"

Old 26-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #241
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  
Total Awards: 9
yeah i know.. but i'm not really entering into this comp.. i dont really have the time to get something worthwhile.. i do love the griffin and polysmooths entry so far.. ghosts videos using 3.5 were cool.. wouldn't mind getting my hands on that.. lol

but seriously.. UV's.. Is it best to export the mesh out as a low poly then UV and bring back into zbrush.. or just detail it and take it out..
Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #242
Renan Leser

Send a message via MSN to Renan Leser
Base Mesh - Finally!

I finished my base mesh, at last.

It took some time to find a good proportion for 5 heads in the same "dragon".

The wings gave me a beating as well.

Three hours by know, made this from scrath. Soon will be posting my videos in youtube, first I gotta compact them, they have 800MB!

Seven hours to sculpt and pose in ZBRUSH!

Quoting Anakin Skywalker: "This is when the fun begins!"

Gook luck to everyone!
Attached Images

Renan Leser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #243
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 17
is someone got the Zbrush 3.1 print exporter plugin?!
at pixologic.com i only found the 3.5 plugin ;x
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #244
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Well, didn't take this much further than my last update, but I'm happy with the end result. Ended up loosing a bit of time trying to get in a good pose, but I decided to just leave it as neutral, just seems creepier to me.

I'm going to try to upload my video's if I can later, but first I need help figuring out how to playback my sculpt in zbrush after I've saved all the commands (any help with that would be appreciated)

The 3d print idea is awesome, but I don't think I'm going to have the chance to submit my model before hand as I'm leaving tonight and won't be back before the 30th. Is it critical to submit it before the judging goes through? I'm somewhat confused why this cannot be done afterwords.

Polysmooth: great work as usual, I really enjoy the results of your sculpts.
maxtx: awesome final work, I like the anatomy work, seems to work well even though it's a fantasy creature.
hulahuga: Great dragon man, I was thinking there were going to be a number of dragons, but it seems you've got pretty much everything covered.
paulius-st: I agree with Freespace, use that extra half hour and just carve in some form into the hand. Especially given the pose he's in. Cool stuff otherwise.
delavega: Thanks, yeah the character is a little more obscure, I've only ever heard of it in ghost stories. But one particular story "The Wendigo" from the Alvin Schwartz story collection "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark", this what I always imagined the wendigo looked like. From what the "official" legend says, the look of the creature always varies, a lot of the ref I collected was very different, from human creatures to dead horse creatures to werewolf like ones. So I kinda was just exploring different idea's for most of it.
Attached Images

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter

Last edited by Puckducker; 27-11-2009 at 12:58 AM..
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #245
delavega

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
Crap!Totally ran out of time..Really wanted to take this one further though...oh well. Still managed to pose him though. It was good fun working on it and I may take it further outside the contest. Cheers all!

delavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #246
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Alright everyone, there are a lot of very good sculpts here. Don't forget there are three days left for you to submit them in the Final Submissions thread.

Also, if you haven't read about the 300$ print of your sculpt in case you win first place, know this:
As you all no doubt know, among a ton of other stuff, the first place winner will also receive a 300$ 3d print of their sculpt, from Shapeways. However, you will need to upload your model to Shapeways, before the judging begins, to qualify.

In other words, along with your final sculpt, get this sorted as well in due time. Otherwise you might miss out on a beautiful print in case you win first place.

Basically you just act as a regular user there, but without making the order and then if you win it's ready to go.

Also the size depends on the material, you can even have it made in metal!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #247
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Total Awards: 6
Talking Almost Finished

Awesome sculpts all around...

I got 2 hours left and I still gotta pose him. Wish I
had time to work some areas up...Maybe I'll keep it
going once the comp is over, refine some things...
Attached Images

Old 27-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #248
maxtx

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #16 The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #18 
Hello to all, very beautiful work here, congratulations to all!

Freespace-3DT: Sorry I have doubts as to send my model for print, how to proceed? We must send the model in zbrush, or prepares it in some way? My model is not in a position that has support to remain standing, I wonder if I have to prepare a piece for it stand up if it is printed. And lastly we have to subscribe and send directly to the company, as we identify it pra know that it is in relation to the 3dtotal prize? Tanks!!!
maxtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #249
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
maxtx: First of all you need to sign up: http://www.shapeways.com/register ; Then you Upload. Though, I have no idea about the rest of the process or the requirements. I'll ask Tom about it and we'll get back to you, and all members who would like this if they win 1st place.

Old 27-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #250
maxtx

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #16 The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #18 
Freespace-3DT Tanks! I'm waiting! I registered, but the rules say that if you send the model has a lot of rules to be followed, my fear is the model up and commit to printing, and did not win anything you know? It would be better better send to you? Hug! Excuse my English!
maxtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #251
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 17
Hey guys
There is a video tutorial on pixologic.com that show the whole pipeline for a printable character.

Check it out!
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #252
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Ok guys, here's the workflow for uploading to Shapeways. This is to be eligible for winning the first prize of a free 3d print of your sculpt! This must be done before judging of the entries.

Everyone MUST do this:
Register at Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/register

Once you've activated your account via email and you're logged in, choose upload a design. Read this for an understanding of how this process works: http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/h...shapeways-work

Basically you do all the steps there, you can even choose the material you want it printed it ( remember the price limit is 300$ ), but you will stop at the point where you actually order it, because if you win first place you'll get it for free.

Old 28-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #253
biano3d

Send a message via MSN to biano3d
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: won the The Sculpting Challenge 16, creature of legends:dragons The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge  
great works guys...i finish the baba yaga in almost 8:30 and create some extra basemesh, with time i'll post the rest of the vids.
HASTA

Last edited by biano3d; 28-11-2009 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: wrong pic
biano3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #254
Renan Leser

Send a message via MSN to Renan Leser
Tiamat Red Head

Just an update on my Tiamat model. This is the Red Head I've just finished.

Running against clock!
Attached Images

Renan Leser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 05:58 AM   #255
scottimation

Chimera

Finally had some time to sit down and get at this. Hopefully I will be able to knock out the rest in time. This is my progress at about 5.5 hours. My recording of hour 3-4 didn't save properly or something , so I've got a hole in my recorded workflow
Attached Images

scottimation is offline   Reply With Quote