>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"

Old 13-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #121
ilya.kachura

Wink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ready with video. But it has a huge size (1.5 Gb). Can I reconvert it in lower quality and speed it up to shrink the size of video file? And where should I uploade it?
ilya.kachura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #122
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
ilya.kachura: Great job! In the remaining hours, you could fine tune the hair on the hands and arms ( give it more volume ). Another thing would be to break the symmetry with small details like scars and damage, or a slightly differently shaped muscle ( in the abdomenal area for example )

As for the video, you can certainly convert to something smaller, and you can upload it to sites like Vimeo or Youtube.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #123
ilya.kachura

Thumbs up Great!

All my work was screencaptured, and according to its timing I still have 5 hours out of 10! Great!
Attached Images

Last edited by ilya.kachura; 13-11-2009 at 04:09 PM..
Old 13-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #124
ilya.kachura

Smile Thanks

Thanks Freespace.
Old 13-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #125
Dack

Cimera

Ive been watching the fourms trying to decide what I am going to make ive never done a sculpting challenge before so Im hoping I dont suck too badly.
Ive pick a Cimera since I figured it would be fun and challenging. This picture was the best one I could find. Im a noob at zbrush so please feel free to give me tips on my anatomy or anything you guys think will help improve the monster.Ill start putting together a style sheet and modeling over the weekend. I look forward to starting and wish everyone the best of luck.
Attached Images

Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #126
ilya.kachura

Thumbs up )))

)))
Attached Images

Old 13-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #127
Dack

Thats a much cooler pic I forgot to check my DnD books lol
thanks alot!
Old 13-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #128
Dack

Questions for the experts

I have a bunch a questions about how to go about modeling my monster.
I feel confortable sculting in zbrush but I find zshperes a pain to use. I would like to be able to make the whole thing in zbrush but im not sure about how it would work if I model wings a tail and three heads my computer has problems displying stuff when im on level 6.

Do I need to model these parts then cut them off?
Is there a way to hide bodyparts or selcetions while working in zbrush like in mudbox?
Should I just make te base mesh in 3dsmax and import them in pieces?
And last question is I want to have all three faces roaring or snarling so as far as making a touge and teeth what would be best make in zbrush or before? And what would be faster?
Thanks ahead for anyones help.
Old 13-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #129
bannino

centaur

Finaly i have finished the centaur hope you like it. any how i shall begin a new model i think it will be Al Borak (winged horse) hope i will find time to do it
Attached Images

bannino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #130
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
ilya.kachura looks cool!!!

bannino well done)
but i think that with such large triceps and shoulder forearm and wrist are too thin
berendey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #131
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
ilya.kachura: In the voting for the sculpting challenge 19, please specify 3 choices, not just two. Thanks

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #132
ilya.kachura

Smile thanks

thanks - berendey
ok - Freespace
Old 14-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #133
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
bannino: Looks great! Only crit is that the end of the tail looks too round
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #134
ilya.kachura

Smile my video

http://www.vimeo.com/7604669

Last edited by ilya.kachura; 14-11-2009 at 02:27 AM..
Old 14-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #135
dPunisher

ilya.kachura wow.. great model.. how about giving it a attacking pose?
dPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote