>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge

Old 25-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #31
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhis_r View Post
Does anybody know how long does it take to check posts here? I submitted my final entry yesterday but it hasn't appeared here yet. Thanks.

-jp
Your entry is on the 2nd page, atleast for me anyway
Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #32
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhis_r View Post
Does anybody know how long does it take to check posts here? I submitted my final entry yesterday but it hasn't appeared here yet. Thanks.

-jp
It's post #24 right? What do you mean 'check posts'?

Comp is finished Wednesday and judging starts after that.
VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #33
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersionThirst View Post
It's post #24 right? What do you mean 'check posts'?

Comp is finished Wednesday and judging starts after that.
Forums on some websites require a moderator to review the post before its actually placed in the forum to be seen by everyone. I'm guessing thats what he is referring to
Old 25-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #34
juhis_r

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Thanks for your help. I meant this:

"Forums on some websites require a moderator to review the post before its actually placed in the forum to be seen by everyone.".

Maybe there is some kind of limit for image links or something because I hadn't that problem before. Anyway, I have a bunch of new images to show but seems like they are somewhere in a global bitstream. I'll try to post them again.

-jp
juhis_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #35
juhis_r

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
So here is my final entry.

- 499 tris
- I focused on the building itself and used most of the texture space for it. I also wanted to create a scene with some surroundings but wanted to keep trees and other elements on lower priority.
- Tried to be as exact as possible what comes to stair count, roof plates, different windows and other things to keep the object as near original reference as possible
- Only one UV ( no separate UV for normals etc )

A very quick sketch / painting

In Modo

Maps

Thanks!

-JP
http://www.jprasanen.com
juhis_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #36
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Here's my entry.
- 476 tri's total
- focused on the building rather then adding foilage.
- majority of statues in the scene

Wireframe

Renders

Diffuse Texture Sheet
Old 26-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #37
gauravcg
Tessellated....

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Whoa....we've got some really cool entries...
So here comes mine......

Name:  Upload_beauty.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  173.3 KB
Name:  Upload_Viewport.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  205.8 KB

Name:  texture_sheet.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  87.4 KB

I seriously enjoyed this challenge.....

Low Poly Props (Updated)

gauravcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 03:17 AM   #38
zwicker122

So here is the final go at it. The final count is 289 Faces and 457 Tris. used a texture and opacity map to get it this far. Stuck some praying monks in the building for kicks.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2484/temple04.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7985/temple02s.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/630/temple05.jpg

Last edited by zwicker122; 27-10-2010 at 03:24 AM..
zwicker122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #39
BTK

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge 
Here is my final entry ! 496 Tris and a 512 texture sheet. This one wasnt easy but pretty cool to do ! Some nice entries up there ! Good Luck !

www.maximechasse.com

www.maximechasse.com
BTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #40
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Many thanks for your entries everyone! Some really great work, the time and effort you guys have put in is fantastic, I really hope you all enjoyed it.

I will ask BigToe to come in and be the judge for this one, hopefully we should have the top 3 posted here very soon! all 3 can claim your awards and #1 can email jo(a)3dtotal.com for the t-shirt, we need you full address and size please.

Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #41
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' 
I had a lot of fun with this one. The objects to be modeled were a little vague though. Wasn't sure what should/shouldn't be attempted; for this reason a lot of the entries differ greatly.

I prefer photo challenges where it's an object and the only thing needed to be modeled is the object and not the surrounding area; like the dumpster, bike, or tomb. This keeps most of the entries pretty consistent.
VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #42
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Thanks for the feedback, very good to know what people prefer for future challenges
Old 27-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #43
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
BigToe has spoken!! Here is his verdict;

1st Place: VersionThirst
2nd Place: BTK
3rd Place: Slayer89

I will try to get another comp started very soon! Thanks again to all involved you did some really great work this time around.

Tom
Old 04-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #44
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hi

There were some really nice entries, congrats!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #45
drsmythe

really cool monastary, not many people do thai culture nice to see.

Help me win an iPad! Please vote for my video on https://mostinvincible.com/154 Easiest contest ever...
drsmythe is offline   Reply With Quote