>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge

Old 15-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #46
h2k1

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Walk this way'' 
Total Awards: 4
here is what I have so far, 116 tris at the moment, main shape, details in a bit...

nice entries so far!!!

Hi Kybe!
Attached Images

h2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #47
Kybe

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. 
Total Awards: 1
um, hello, whoever you are.

anyway, started texturing. on a 8192x8192 map. it will be shrunk later.
Kybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 04:33 AM   #48
XTCMatrix
The snake ya'll!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Some awesome updates, hope I can finish!! Lot's of homework lately
XTCMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #49
Kybe

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. 
i got about 1/3rd of my texture done in one day, can't do anything tomorrow because skiing, which only leaves me wednesday and thursday, plus i have to do the bumps and normals, and this is all on top of school work. i'm a bit worried about finishing this on time.
Kybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #50
astroAJ
ʘὦʘ →

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 13
Kybe: Yeah a whole day does seem a bit long on UV mapping but its easy to get fast at. Try to research as much as possible about different UV mapping techniques becuase it really helps to become fast at it, so that u don't have to spend the whole day doing it and u can continue with the creative process. I use automatic mapping in Maya and that speeds things up, as well as duplicating objects after they have been mapped (I'm not sure what software ur using).

hope that helps
astroAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #51
ransomInK
3d enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ransomInK
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
hey, this challenge looks awesome. i'm definitely gonna attempt to finish this in time--fingers crossed. i have about 400tri's to play with, and i still need to add the windows on both buildings for the front and back. think i still have enuff to make 'em look pretty tho. here's an update of what i have so far...

i kinda feel my model is too big tho; as if its too tall cuz i can't get the size of the entrance to look correct. i have a 6' biped in the right-corner of the church in the first image for size comparison if anyone has any tips...

Twitter: http://twitter.com/smithInk | LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/smithink

"when the mind is lost...creativity is found"
ransomInK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #52
Fredddy

Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out!  	31-01-2009 02:23 PM  	 Edit  Remove   	 Sathe 	For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 2
About all I can do on this one.
Working away from home for the rest of the week so no more time for me.

Anyway, here is my render with diffuse, bump and normal maps.
Attached Images

Fredddy is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatFredddy! Thank you:
Tom-3DT (18-02-2011)
Old 15-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #53
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
my final image

render
tex
spec
normal
screen grab
cheers everyone had fun with this one and good luck to all
Attached Images

Last edited by needse; 15-02-2011 at 08:27 PM..
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatneedse! Thank you:
Tom-3DT (18-02-2011)
Old 15-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #54
McKronic
Lighter/Compositor

Send a message via MSN to McKronic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the Low-Poly Challenge #28B - Vehicle 
Total Awards: 3
wow great entries so far congrats to everyone who has already finished, I haven't even had time to finish the modeling yet, hopefully I can find the time to finish this one.

2009 Demo on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QaxYcy6VBI
McKronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #55
jpageau

Getting started

Hello I am just getting started on this.

I have about 400 tris to work with. Any comments?
jpageau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #56
jpageau

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransomInK View Post
hey, this challenge looks awesome. i'm definitely gonna attempt to finish this in time--fingers crossed. i have about 400tri's to play with, and i still need to add the windows on both buildings for the front and back. think i still have enuff to make 'em look pretty tho. here's an update of what i have so far...

i kinda feel my model is too big tho; as if its too tall cuz i can't get the size of the entrance to look correct. i have a 6' biped in the right-corner of the church in the first image for size comparison if anyone has any tips...

I would suggest not using bolean operation for cutting out the windows. It seems to be destroying your geometry
jpageau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #57
Arkhar

Send a message via MSN to Arkhar
Here's my WIP so far, 922 tris. Got the modeling done, need unwrapping and texturing now. Hope I can finish this in time
Arkhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #58
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
Here is my entry:

Texture Sheet:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/picture.ph...ictureid=12475

Screen grab to show tri count:
Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatSlayer89! Thank you:
Tom-3DT (18-02-2011)
Old 16-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #59
h2k1

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Walk this way'' 
Kybe : sorry, I thought I knew you...wrong person

Nice entries evryone, heres my WIP so far, modeling done, 1023 tris...uv and texture now
Attached Images

h2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #60
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
a ton of good stuff in here. Wish I could put it in baggies and sell it on the street.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote