>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 21-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #106
jjvdb15

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
Hey Ced66...wow amazing work. You never seize to amaze me.

The texture baking is awesome...could you perhaps make an xnormal and baking tutorial? I think a lot of people could benefit from that. I understand that you wouldn't have time too.

Anyway keep up the great work. You always get better, even though i don't know how. Can't wait for the diffuse.
jjvdb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #107
Slipgatecentral

*majorly poops himself once again*
Slipgatecentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #108
tb1alexc

Yeek...
tb1alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #109
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
This is my goal. Perfect Technique.

War General Pet Portrait-

Old 22-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #110
gridlinked
Unknown Robot

Send a message via MSN to gridlinked
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Insanely awesome ced66!
Old 22-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #111
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I like eight
Old 24-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #112
ironbearxl

Cool technique Ced!

It looks like you duplicate your base mesh to sculpt the mechanical stuff?

Can't wait to see the beauty renders of him!
ironbearxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #113
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Now that ****_Rocks. Love the details can't wait to see your color scheme.
Old 25-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #114
anton_zhiharsky

Hi Cedric!
this is awesome!!! I hope this first place... from Russia with love...
anton_zhiharsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 02:16 AM   #115
ced66

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: 2nd place in DWIV !!!!! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: Dominance War IV successful finish, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 6
hey guys !

Thank you so much for your feedbacks/replies... that boosts my motivation even more

Small update for tonight.
90 % of the texture work is done, still have to fixe seams and to figure out where to put the 3DTotal logo.
it's all max viewport (realTime) with a simple material and 3 lights.

after that i will spend time on the beauty shot, to get some interesting renders with MR.

Last edited by ced66; 07-05-2009 at 01:16 AM..
ced66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 02:56 AM   #116
Untamed
Insane detail club

Send a message via MSN to Untamed
Awards Showcase
Nice progress on this one Ced. Looking good.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #117
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
Total Awards: 4
Good?? It is looking f***** great!
bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #118
-IdanI-

Send a message via MSN to -IdanI-
Awards Showcase
hey man.......Im speechless, awesome high poly and bake. Although Im not really feeling the metal texture I dont think yellow and blue gives the model justice maybe try the color pallette you used for the mini challenges. anyway keep rocking.
-IdanI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #119
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Send a message via AIM to Jensen Send a message via MSN to Jensen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Is it natural for me to watch the 360 turn around for like 20 min? :P Great work!
Old 26-04-2009, 04:00 AM   #120
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Looks ace! Glad you went with the bold colors instead of a "next gen" desaturated green/brown like so many things are now-a-days. Nice work!

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote