>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 30-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #76
Mr. Bluesummers-3DT
Supplies Coordinator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The particles tutorial got plugged along the top bar. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
P.S. I'll organize these tools this week if I get a chance. Maybe put them together into a 3dTotal Plug-In pack with deployment code so that you can just install them all at once.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #77
Christian86

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by discmage View Post
Um...about that select edge script...it doesn't seem to work. I finally used it on a model I am working on (it was too close to the ed of my character for the DW) and when I run the script, nothing is selected.

Is there anything I need to have done to make it work? eg. use an editable poly or editable mesh, have the faces selected etc? Oh I'm using Max 2009 if that makes any difference too.
It works for me with a standard sphere and 4 different groups. I get all the edges I would chamfer.

But i just doesn´t work with my character (that has also several different groups). Both, sphere and character are editable polys with no other modifier.
Christian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #78
jeremiah_bigley
Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Wanted to dump off some scripts that I have run across that may be useful.

Explode Elements
- breaks all elements into separate objects
RTTAssist - Streamlines the Render to Texture Process with a number of functions including a one button explode model.
Smooth Manager - control all meshsmooths or turbosmooths at once.
Texture Area - Calculates your wasted texture space.
UVW to Smoothing Groups - Takes your UVs and creates unique smoothing group information for your model.
Primitive Maker - Make a primitive object out of anything. Eliminates the need to import bolts and such into your scene to be able to reuse.
Quick Save - (for Zbrush) Allows you to setup a hotkey to save in increments. No need to bring up a dialog.
Color Scheme Designer - Interesting tool for helping with color design.

Also check here for tons of info, cool links, and more tools.
LowpolyLinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by jeremiah_bigley; 09-03-2011 at 02:44 AM..
jeremiah_bigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Great jeremiah_bigley! For Thanks for2:
hulahuga (09-03-2011), silverflame (09-03-2011)
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #79
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Anyone have any nifty Maya scripts at hand? (preferably modeling or rendering )

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #80
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
can we requist viewport shaders for max ?

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #81
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
i think this should be usefull. free UDK
http://www.udk.com/news-beta-mar2011
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #82
Grimmwolf

Savus everyone,

BoxAttach.ms - attaches the selected object(s) to a editable mesh box to reset unwanded properties of the objects (I know it's a quite simple one but it's also one of the scripts I use quite often)

FreeMemory.ms - a small script from a tutorial that was featured on this page some time ago

ToggleHideBones.ms - the only toggle of max that is not accessible in the UI

UvHelper.ms - a work in progress script with some nice functionalities (the stitch loop function currently works only with egdes, at some point I will add some other functions but this ill be after the DW)

VertSelectionLoad.ms
VertSelectionSave.ms - these ones can be used to transfer a selection from one modifier to another without having to collapse the stack (pretty usefull for skinning parts that are not easily accessible in 3d but in UV space, these files should be copied to the *\stdplugs\stdscripts folder in your max folder to work correctly)

edit:
damn just noticed that if you want to download the PS scripts you have to right click and save link to...

ToggleUvs.jsx - a simple script to toggle a Photoshop group called "Guides" ( I have the F4 button assigned to it so it works like in max)

Normalmap_generator.jsx - for those of you who know the nDo scripts for PS, this one does some similar stuff, just create a selection and run the script note the resulting normalmap if works for max so z-up, if you are using maya you have to invert the green channel

For easier access to the PS scripts you can create an action that records how you run the script and then access the scripts by running the actions

If you encounter any problems with the scripts feel free to contact me, I'm also open to any suggestions for other scripts or enhancements.

Cheers,
Grimmwolf

Last edited by Grimmwolf; 28-03-2011 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Ps script download
Grimmwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #83
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Lill' piece of newbie code I did a few month ago.
What's the use? Random distribution.
It creates random selections (Selection Sets) from a selection of objects.

0)Copy paste in a .ms file. Run it in max as maxscript.
The lill' tool should appear in:
Utilities tab=> MAXScript => Utilities rollout
1) Select for exemple 100 objects, so that's important first make a selection!!!
2) Go to the Utilities tab MAXScript => Utilities rollout tool should be there. (or it means script bugged / could be max version compatibility).
3) Enter number of set exemple 7. (If you choose 101 there should be an error message) You can also name Selection Set.
4) Push da button, 7 random Selection Sets should be created from the initial one (distribution).

Useful when you want to create random selection from a bunch of objects, MP me if you got questions/suggestions, use at your own risk:

utility Rselect "Random select"

(
global sa = selection
global textpart="SubSelect"
global nselect = 1
global range = floor (sa.count/nselect)

spinner sel_amt "Select:" range:[1,100,nselect] type:#integer
on sel_amt changed amt do
(
nselect = amt
)
edittext Iname_txt "Subselect name:" text:textpart fieldWidth:200 labelOnTop:true
on Iname_txt changed txt do
(
if txt != textpart do
(
textpart= Iname_txt.text
)
)
button theButton "Split!"
on theButton pressed do
(
sa = selection
if sa.count > 0 then
(
if nselect <= sa.count then
(
range = floor (sa.count/nselect)
sarray=#()
for k=1 to sa.count do
(
insertItem sa[k] sarray k
)
reste = sa.count - (nselect*range)

for i=1 to nselect do
(
Sname = textpart+i as String
Stemp = #()
for j=1 to range do
(
rand = random 1 sarray.count
insertItem sarray[rand] Stemp j
deleteItem sarray rand
)

if reste>0 do
(
insertItem sarray[1] Stemp (range+1)
deleteItem sarray 1
reste=reste-1
)
selectionSets[Sname]=Stemp
)
)
else messagebox "Select has to be smaller or equal than your selection cardinal (number of selected objects)!"
)
else messagebox "Selection required!"
)
)

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote