>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 16-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
Dominance War V - 3D - God of Gluttony and Destruction -GregS

*Finished story coming soon*

First time joining in with 3DTotal for a challenge so I am looking forward to it very much

Best of luck to everyone!

*Update* May 15th
Attached Images

Last edited by GregStrangis; 17-05-2011 at 01:03 AM..
GregStrangis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
chindian

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Sounds cool man... I could think of lots of great ideas for this one... should be a really fun sculpt! Looking forward to seeing your progress bud! :-)

Or join my Facebook blog
chindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
Wow, after checking out your portfolio, cant wait to see what you come up with!

fantastic textures!

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #4
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclepickle View Post
Wow, after checking out your portfolio, cant wait to see what you come up with!

fantastic textures!
Agreed, after seeing your portfolio, I'm stoked to see what you come up with. Also welcome to 3D, good luck!!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
Good call. I'll be interested in the sort of symbolism you go with, gluttony is a pretty wide subject when you thibk about it.

The less derivative, musclebound, horn wearing demons on goat legs the better imo so ill be keeping an eye on this

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
lol nice...i should make one called "God of Lust" hehehe...so many devious ideas come to mind.
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Thadd- Thanks bud! get your butt on here too now man!
miclepickle-Thank you!
red-Thanks for the welcome =), happy to represent Threedy this War
poopipe-I agree, altho mine will be a demon it will be a little different, think along the lines of Baron Vladimir from Dune
newhere- Go for it! Her seductiveness to lure other Gods into her traps could be a useful power =)

I been doing some sketches here and there until I can start full blast next week. Just want to clarify as the rules say steed's are allowed, so would some kind of other means of transportation be allowed as well then?

Thanks again guys!
Old 18-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
miclepickle

what other means of transport did you have in mind?... for the most part it seems like a waste of polys to do anything too big as a pet/steed to me...

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
Old 18-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
1 of the ideas of am tossing around is him having some type of Hell crafted suit/throne like the Baron from Dune keeping him afloat so he can gorge himself on the battlefields. Just trying to think of ways to stay away from having him just walking on 2 feet like every other huge boss or demon.
Old 18-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
chindian

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
I like that idea man!! Definitely makes sense if he's a fat glutton! haha... Maybe put him on one of those old people scooter things? haha... though that might be a bit comical!

I'll start my thread once I get an idea of what I'm doing... still debating on if to do this one or Brawl... and still haven't really come up with any concepts I really like... so I'm just brainstorming for now.... :-)

Or join my Facebook blog
chindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
miclepickle

im pretty sure something like that is allowed, but I could be wrong :P

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
Old 18-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
Thadd-Lol, he can be God of Gluttony/Old People! Do DW instead of Brawl =)
Mic-That's what I figure, no worries I will design 2 and make sure before I start modeling.
Old 18-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #13
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Gluttony, It makes me remember some Full metal alchemist one...
Have fun and Gl man!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #14
SnappedStrings
Criticism Fairy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Hey, welcome to the competition, glad you could join us!

You said you were trying to think of alternatives to walking, maybe having him slither would be a good choice. Like, picture a giant, slug-like creature, secreting poisons and oozing acid, devouring everything he touches.

Looking forward to concepts

Portfolio
SnappedStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 07:36 AM   #15
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
That's groovy. I'm really liking the potential in that. S'pose if I were to make a suggestion it'd be, more tentacles, but you'll have to balance that carefully against the tri-count.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote