>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 17-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #31
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Yes, I meant Seurat, the beginning on Pointillism...which was ultimately responsible for the dot matrix.
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #32
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Dot or splotches katana, I had good masters on threedy.

I go bong with the moon but without hammer then Cordero, I'll start to build on this:

Last edited by washka; 17-03-2011 at 11:23 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #33
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
A lill' step further onto the nothingness.
Is it starting to get epic enough Hula?

Last edited by washka; 17-03-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Old 17-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #34
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
looking good . now that one happy monter god .
is it just my imagination or is this moster smiling?
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #35
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
He's smiling. He's got some big mouth.
Old 17-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #36
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
you know this monster looks just like me when i saw this katy perry gif in "post a funny picture" thread .
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #37
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
looking nice...like the progress
Old 17-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #38
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I think the legs are going to need more bulk and the red in the sky (yes it's a wip) is too high in saturation. I think the red in the figure will pop, once you get rid of that.
Old 18-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #39
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Yeah it is . Now play with perspective, and perhaps make it so that those giant arms are a throne that he rises from?

Also if you want to make him mighty, look over the foot and leg design as long bodies often give an epic appearance.

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #40
Vaper de kin

Very interesting story in #28 It's full of crabs!
Vaper de kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #41
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Looking Good! Love the proportions.... One suggestion though...maybe make just a line pass...no color, so that u can clearly define areas before anything else.. I know you're just getting started but just thought I'd drop my 2 cents in...Nice start though
Old 18-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #42
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Looking very nice!! I think you should try making the bigger arms have opened hands. He would be able to balance himself better. Its worth a shot to see how it looks, keep at it!!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #43
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
katy perry gif
Wich one paulius?

Thanks capitan_popo!

katana: About the legs, he's creating the world around him while he's walking, how can I explain that, it's like a reversed desintegration coming from the legs. but agree with bulk.
About the hight saturation, you're completly right, I'll explain that.

hulahuga: I already got problems with this moon so I think I'll trash it, because it mess with the silouhette, the throne is not a bad idea but will be quite the same problem (or with low opacity or light tones).
Yeah I want to push some mighty mood out of it, but with too long legs I'll loose the big mass effect. (controversial) But I've to put more work onto the legs as katana pointed it out too.

Vaper de kin: xD You read it all, wow! I think I need to simplificate it, and make it shorter, no?

polysmooth: Your comment's value worth more than that man, especially coming from you. I really should work in grey tones.
A lot of my works start in grey tones. And I can mess up a lot with colors.
Ask Hula. (And today is a good exemple for that)
But it also gives me motivation, and it helps me with the mood.
Here I mostfully used red tones for an aggressive mood, it's kinda autosuggestive, and it influences my sensitivity. It also gives life to it and some flow. I like colors too much even if my eyes don't see it all.
I'll kill the saturation and rework the colors at the end (And there is an hight probability that I'll have to make some tones correction then, but I'm ok with that)

redonix76: The big arms are two gauntlets attached/connected by a bunch of chains. It looks like those are connected/linked to god but I'll have to clarify it a bit more there because those are not, it's some kind of weapon following the god like a free lill' dog, maybe a magical relic another god gave to him after a fight. The moon shape there doesn't help too...

I tried some test to put some more weight on it, but now it's quite a mess, so I'll go back to an anterior version, background is just a test, way too dark:

Last edited by washka; 18-03-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Old 18-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #44
katana

Awards Showcase
Man, that's some crazy stuff...nice progress.
Old 18-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #45
frostsnake

looking nice, liking the design on the god, very massive and huge.

also for double checking values, you could try to put a layer with pure black on the top in your layer stack, set to blending mode: saturation. you always get your correct values with this. so switchin that on and off sometimes helps alot when painting with colors. anyway good luck and keep posting.
frostsnake is offline   Reply With Quote