>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 27-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
DWIII - 3D - ToxicAvenger - Black Hole Witch

IT HAS BEGUN!

LET'S FIGHT FOR THE DOMINANCE OF THE THREEDY FORUMS!

Black Hole Witch

Clericon generated from the void, the succubus serves only the purpose of his weapon which is to turn enemy blood into anti-matter to generate black holes of darkness.

The weapon being magically tied to the wielder, they both share the same heart which is on the hint of the sword. The black heart is reacting to the energy of blood. The magic of the sword drains blood from the succubus to sustain his life. Thus if the succubus was to be destroyed, the heart would chain react and atomize kilometres of battlefield. She can still defend herself to a certain level with the use of basic ring claws.

Last edited by Sebiomegas; 03-03-2008 at 10:43 PM..
Sebiomegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War character! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Here are the final designs and the base mesh.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:54 AM   #3
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Not a bad start....a lot of your loops seem very straight and flat though....particularly in the legs, which should be anything but straight up and down. You also perhaps have some spare polys you could take out of the denser sections like the feet...they seem a little too dense for the details you need.

I like the concept though, keep it up.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Talking

I appreciate the tips.
I am still new to modeling for games. On the other hand I have been a hardcore fan of video games for years. Here is a wireframe view for the head.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
Vitor

Well, looking good. although it is very clear that you just use a front reference for the head, as your profile is lacking a lot of volumes. It is all very fat. Check some side views of heads that might help.

Looking for freelance work.
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:51 AM   #6
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Yeah, that head is looking a bit more dynamic. Got a bit more flow to your edges there. You're loops aren't entirely there yet, but your new to game character design you say, so it'll take a bit to pick that up.

Until then, what you've got is pretty good for what the competition requires. You might want to consult some low poly wireframe heads to see how they lay their wireframes out, but otherwise, the head off to a pretty solid start.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #7
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Did some work on my flow.

Does the fact that the smoothing groups are not giving a better and smoother appearance has something to do with the edge flow.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #8
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
erm

not exactly. If you're talking about the shading on the eyelid the best thing to do is select the polys on the inner eye and assign them to a different smoothing group - this prevents max trying to shade a 90 degree corner as if it were a smooth curve.

make sense?

crit wise... the proportions put me in mind of mayan and early middle eastern sculpture - I mean that in a good way but I'm guessing it's not quite the feel you were aiming for.
If you want her more realistic I think you need to slim down the shoulders, hips and neck a bit
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 PM   #9
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Finally I get to post an update.
Gotta keep working!

Since I had some extra polys I thought I'd throw a cape into the design.

I'll post my UV sheet very soon.
Old 14-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #10
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
I'm finished with the unwrapping stage.
Any advice on UV layout?

Old 25-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
I am now sculpting the details. Doing my best to make my entry look better.
Let's keep tweeking!

Old 28-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #12
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
An update.

Old 26-08-2008, 01:00 AM   #13
Sebiomegas
I am Alpha and Omega!

Awards Showcase
Old 26-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
Innos

Hmm it look nice but i need some details. Put some blood on this scars.
Old 26-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
You know DW3 ended,dont you?Ha,just kidding

It looks good but the skin texture needs more work,try to make the scars blend more into the skin,add some blood spots,stuff like that.But i'm loving the skirt and sword textures

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote