>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Movie Mashup (Challenge)

Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #211
pables
Modoler!

Send a message via MSN to pables
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.057 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge #24  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge ''Walk this way'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge 
Total Awards: 12
Great work CG!.

I think the textures(specially talking about the buildings, could have more variation and some dirt, to avoid that plain look. I also think a little of motion blur on the skate and the cap would be interesting.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #212
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Thanks matey, the textures aren't final for sure i've just been trying to get the scene in the right composition at the moment, this afternoon i'm gonna run through a few new lighting tests, particularly the lighting angle to see if any other angle suits the scene better, what i'll do is take the current sunlight and camera and place it into a new scene and do some tests, Marty needs to come out looking the best for this piece as he's the central character to the scene. I'll also look into some motion blur in post in photoshop, I don't want alot of blur but a touch might help that little bit.

Off topic - Foot clinic went well, my bad foot's (left) big toe nail was dangerously wobbley, was scared it was going to fall off, or worse I'd catch it and accidently rip it off.....turns out I had half of a new nail growing underneath lol so it's ok.

Didn't go to the Cinema, going to go this Saturday to see Shrek Forever After. But I have got Edge Of Darkness for watch on DVD and a crackin' load PC games 7 of them (one being a trilogy set) for 7 bargain!

They are quite old games, but i'm a retro gamer

They are:

The Club, The Incredibles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Devastation, & The Broken Sword Trilogy, i'me well made up with them

Back with updates hopefully later today

CG.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #213
F4F|$ido

Send a message via ICQ to F4F|$ido Send a message via MSN to F4F|$ido
@ClassicGamer-3DT Retro games rules
F4F|$ido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #214
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but i've been struggling with getting renders out and multipasses, also been trying out new lighting aswell.

Just got back from the Cinema after watching Shrek Forever After.....not too bad either, better than Shrek the Third but not as good as Shrek or indeed Shrek 2, but there was plenty of laughs to be had.

Then on my way home with my sister i've just fell over, I lost my footing somewhere and feel down really hard, and crashed onto my right side lower rib cag, hurt like hell, and still hurts a little bit now but there's no brusing or anything, if the pain (which isn't too bad) hasn't gone by Wednesday or something i'll probably go to the Dr's just to make sure i've not cracked a rib or anything, but I felt so silly for falling over lol, I wen't down like a ton on bricks though lol. Hurts a little bit now but hopefully it'll be better in a day or two.

Kind Regards,

CG.
Twitter

Last edited by ClassicGamer-3DT; 03-07-2010 at 04:50 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #215
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
lol, oh dear, hope ur ok. I'm planning on going to watch it in 3D at some point.
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #216
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Right then, just to update you all, i'm off to the Doctor's in a while this afternoon to see about my ribs on my right hand side, they are quite painful when breathing in sharply, laughing and coughing really hurts, walking up the stairs and getting into/out of bed kills so there's something hurting, strangely there's no bruising at all but there's certainly pain, so the Doctor might give me some painkillers....there's not alot more they can do I think when it concerns ribs.

Also regarding my scene I have been trying out new lighting etc but not had the chance to render everything out just yet.

Hopefully updates will follow soon.

CG.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #217
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
hope it goes well, you might just have brused them
Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #218
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Ah well it does seem indeed that I have more than likely just bruised my ribs, i've been examined and given some Co-Codomol painkillers if it really hurts too much, so thank goodnees nothing is cracked or broken eh?

Just a waiting game now for my body to heal itself, trouble is I use my right side, arm, hand to draw, model etc lol........we'll see, if it get's too painful i'll take a painkiller and try to battle on......I tell you i'm a danger to myself.....who'd have thought a simple loss of footing and falling over could cause so much bother.....ah dear......onwards and upwards

CG.
Twitter
Old 05-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #219
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Thats good you havent broken anything.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #220
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
A bit of an update.....

OK so here's where the scene is right now, not really much of an update but this is a new test of a slightly different light setup. Multipasses are really really annoying me now, i've actually tried adding everything into one scene and it get's 15 seconds into the render and comes up with an out of memory error so I have to use multipasses to split the scene up. I'm not happy with the new lighting really it doesn't look as natural and even though Marty's shadow is correct it still dooesn't look right at all IMO.

It's looking slightly blown out and the intensity of the light seems too much
I'm gonna go back through some more light setups and maybe try soft shadows aswell as area and maybe even raytraced who knows.

I'm gonna get a sphere and a ground plane and try out new lights again because I don't feel I can move forward until I get the lighting and indeed the shadows looking their best.

Still so much to do yet.

Kind Regards

CG.
Twitter
Old 05-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #221
eicronie

funny scene )
quick sketch over you picture may be give you art direction
Attached Images

eicronie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #222
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Thanks I can see where your going and what your trying to show, it's looking bad at the moment, i'll keep going, i've plenty of time left yet.

By the way just so you all know i'm not trying to win anything here.....i'm not sure if I can anyway being a mod, but I just liked the idea of this challenge so much I wanted to join in and I have been enjoying it.....which for me is what it's all about really
Twitter
Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #223
chichiri

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: rd Place in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Really nice work, keep it up.
chichiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #224
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Sorry Sorry Sorry....still no updates, but boy am I in some pain! Really big OUCH! with nearly every move. I will try to crack on with this asap, but at the moment it's too painfull sorry.
Twitter
Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #225
LemonW

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Lost Jungle - Low Poly (Game Art) - 2nd place - Indiana Jones: LemonW 
Total Awards: 2
in my opinion, you could improve the texture and shading. let it be more neat.
LemonW is offline   Reply With Quote