>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
roel
newbe

Send a message via AIM to roel
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Roel - Monster

as usual the goal is to finish something. thinking about a dragon. C&C welcome.
Attached Images

roel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:35 AM   #2
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
Id say shorten the teeth but i like where its headed
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKaiune3D! Thank you:
roel (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #3
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Thanks Kaiune3D. I saw the teeth from a concept art and thought I might be cool as a feature. The truth is that I'm still not quite sure where this will go. If anywhere, really. I'm not quite happy with the horns, face, feet and overall proportions (wings too small?/legs too big?). I haven't started with the arms, back, tail nor wings. For quite some time I wanted to make something like "el Mercenario" from Segrelles as I'm a huge fan. But a more bold version.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #4
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
Generally the back muscles are wider than the abs especially for a winged creature since those muscles aid in a flapping motion. The lower back where it connects to the hips feels off. Wings are looking great though. Keep it up!
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Hi, small update (as Zbrush crashed ). I changed the chest (after checking some anatomy references of bats), remade the wings, made the lower arm longer (much better!), changed the lower back, started to define the arms. Cleaned up here and there. Will probably make some holes in the wings, looks a bit too clean.
Attached Images

Old 19-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
working on the wings
Attached Images

Old 21-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Hi all,

an update on this...
Attached Images

Old 22-06-2015, 06:05 AM   #8
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Looking mean! Can you post more angles?

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 11:08 PM   #9
Tom Rubick

Looks brilliant but maybe the tail is a bit bulky? Still amazing though
Tom Rubick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 01:38 PM   #10
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the input! For the moment this is highpoly. I'm working on the lp for the moment. I'm trying to do this via the remesh tool in zb rather than topogun. After the unwrapping I will add more surface details so I can make a nice closeup render.

For the tail I will make some additional wing like extentions. The tail does need some attention. As the dragon is quite heavy it will make flying a bit more realistic too...

Last edited by roel; 29-06-2015 at 07:51 PM..
Old 29-06-2015, 09:36 PM   #11
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
something like this maybe for the tail?
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2015, 11:40 PM   #12
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
and working on the rider too... (el Mercenario from Segrelles)
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2015, 12:48 AM   #13
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
small update on armor plates
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #14
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
http://cazadoresdenovelas.es/wp-cont...nc3a1rio-2.jpg
Old 17-07-2015, 09:13 PM   #15
roel
newbe

Awards Showcase
small update
Attached Images

Tags
dragon, el mercenario, knight, mercenary, segrelles