>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 22-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #16
silvaticus

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge No. 10 Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
I`m doing this guy, no name yet, I hope somebody can recognize him.
40 minutes so far.

Nice challenge again!
Attached Images

silvaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
mafida
nic mi sie nie chce:p

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 15 The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''demonic overseer'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #2 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
silvaticus-Russell Crowe?
mafida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #18
silvaticus

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge No. 10 Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Mafida - yeap, where is yours?
silvaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #19
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Loving the entries coming in already, brilliant to see. Keep them coming guys you're doing great.

CG.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #20
agrmrs

hi

good topic and nice entries and also waiting to see the winners of "greatest fear" contest

Last edited by ClassicGamer-3DT; 22-02-2009 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: We Don't need text that big thanks :)
agrmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #21
mon_stdnt
always learning-something

holy crap!! smaller and uppercase would be better.
BTW great entries so far. that Jack Nicholson illo. looks great.
mon_stdnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #22
xissburg
n0_0b

Send a message via MSN to xissburg
Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 1
Here is mine. This one is Galder, Dimmu Borgir's (my only very favorite band, symphonic black metal band) guitarist:

Name:  galder_crctr.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  156.4 KB

I'm not happy with it but it was a nice experience to sculpt him, nice practice. It tooks me 4 hours, then I still have 1 hour to spend =). If you have any suggestions about what I could do in this 1 hour to improve him please tell =).

[EDIT] The lack of creativity didnt let me go much beyond this =|. This is final . . . 4.5hours total.

Last edited by xissburg; 28-02-2009 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Update..
xissburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 03:03 AM   #23
mdale13

Send a message via AIM to mdale13
well i have no idea what the actual man looks like, but it doesnt look all that stylized. the only thing that looks dramatically altered is the forehead seems a little high. i would try to exaggerate some of his more prominent facial features. looks good though!
mdale13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 05:02 AM   #24
moley

try giving him a more prominent brow.
moley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #25
dogbite

doing, did sylvester stallone.
Attached Images

dogbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #26
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Although your Stallone looks stunning dogbite, please read the rules we only wan't the sculpts as they are within Zbrush/Mudbox etc.

as the rules state:

6. No rendering, texturing, lighting or rigging – let's keep it all about the high-res sculpt! What we are looking for is the quality of the sculpt you can produce "under pressure". If your entry is not complete, you can still post as long as it's recognisable and on topic.

7. For your final entry, post a screen-grab from your software with your finished work in it. It's fine to present this stuff nicely, with nice labelling etc., but do not add any post-production to the images themselves. These images must be uploaded to our servers by using the "Manage Attachments" button on the forum reply page. Do not link to external image files. Larger than the maximum size or posts containing links to external images (other than for reference materials) will be removed and the poster disqualified.

Kind Regards

CG.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #27
xissburg
n0_0b

Send a message via MSN to xissburg
Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 
Hey thanks for your comments mdale13 and moley =). Yes, he is not stylized really, I need to exaggerate more for sure. I'm no good at caricaturing =P I'll work on him later...cya
Old 23-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #28
thee

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
1hr40m, he became a bit scary
Attached Images

thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #29
Chrisp-3DT
Naughty Kinky Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: lots of posts! 
cool challenge and some really cool sculpts. I have one thing i would like to say to Ghost-D (back on page 1 ) Your mike jagger is cool but if your gonna do him right, you have to inject some collagen into those lips
Chrisp-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #30
DELTATHUND3R

Great challenge.Its been a while since ive been in one .I hope to join this challenge if I get some free time.
Great looking sculpts guys..
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#14, caricature, celebritiy, challenge, sculpting, speed, ssc, threedy