>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge

Old 31-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 2
Csaba Baity - BlizzardFest - 3d - Shelby Tildon (Medibat)

"Leaving that dumpheap was the best thing that ever happened to me"

- Shelby Tildon on the bombardment of Korhal, her home

"Designed for women, huh? The guy who designed this suit as a 'light' armor.. must be a moron.
A zerg rush is quicker then suiting up in this"

- Shelby Tildon's outspoken opinion about the Medic armor

back to good old thready
let's do this good luck all!!

*** Latest Update below ***

Last edited by tsabszy; 27-09-2014 at 05:43 PM..
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Lt. Shelby Tildon - Medibat

Shelby was born on Korhal being the only child of Franko Tildon.
She always hated the planet and wanted adventure but her mother tried to keep her away from her twisted father whom she could only meet once in her childhood. In her early twenties during the bombardment of Korhal she managed to run away from home. Shelby soon became a fleet medic for the Terran Dominion, working on the deck of the Hyperion. After Raynor became the ship's captain, seeking for more adventure she decided to join Raynor's Raiders.
Based on her idea Rory Swann designed her a modification of the CMC-405 Light Combat Suit, equipped with a flamethrower.

"Leaving that dumpheap was the best thing that ever happened to me"

- Shelby Tildon on the bombardment of Korhal, her home

Last edited by tsabszy; 31-07-2014 at 10:55 PM..
Old 01-08-2014, 01:52 AM   #3
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
ahhh good to see you joining tsabszy buddy!

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
thx cuban bro really!

my 1st wip of Shelby, some sketching of the face i imagined. she should look kinda pretty/cute, but i'm not a 100% sure my 3d model will look exactly like on this pic.
(the mouth is terrible btw)
but my aim is to portrait a girl who has a white father and an afro-american mother

my ref for the face were two models, Adriana Lima and Stefany (sorry i dunno know the full name of the other model, i found pictures of them on Pinterest)
Old 02-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
oohhh, what will her outfit be? I've found it difficult to survive long, drawn out battles, with too much clothing. Just saying.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
oohhh, what will her outfit be? I've found it difficult to survive long, drawn out battles, with too much clothing. Just saying.
such a dirty dog

SKETCHES & WIPs
GreatRogerP! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (02-08-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
BIG Toe she's gonna be in a medic armor, since she is a hero medic unit
(and also coz i'd like to create some hardsurface high poly stuff, coz i've been doing hand painted stuff and for long time i've really wanted to start on something next gen)
what's under the armor... well clothing or not clothing, underwear or not underwear... i leave that for your imagination

i've been refining her face slightly. i call it done!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #8
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
AWW SNAP!
I know this one is gonne be goooood
You better finish or I'll have to steal your lunch at work
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #9
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
than i'll bring meat to eat :P

i guess i'm done with the face. i'd better move on to designing the armor.
i have some ideas and at the same time i don't have a clue how to start

Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #10
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
You start with a polygon tsabszy

Concept is looking good

SKETCHES & WIPs
Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #11
believehammer

Looks Great!
believehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #12
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
Thx!

I know, I know question for me is how am I going to get to that 1st polygon
I'm terrible at sketching, so I guess I'll start with some line art or something like that.
We'll see
Old 05-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #13
independhans

different approaches are applied in modeling, personal I would start with a curve on a Sphere to representation the first edgeloop on an eye. Then Extrude it tweak and then, go to the mouth nose.
Then block out they topology of the face, after that fill the areas with Quads.

edit: makeing a blueprint would be good to have that approach.
independhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #14
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Btw I'm kidding about the whole polygon thing, you've proven time over time you know how it's done. Get to it

SKETCHES & WIPs
Old 05-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #15
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Awards Showcase
i know! and we'll see about that
Greattsabszy! Thank you:
RogerP (05-08-2014)

Tags
character, female, hard surface, scifi, zbrush