>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > CG Chat

Old 17-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #16
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Only had about an hour and a half this weekend to work on this. Wasn't planning on showing till it was completely finished, but I thought I would have more time. Anyways just wanted to show I have been working on it:

Still got a bunch of stuff I need to finish sculpting on the face and fix so keep in mind it's a WIP.

SgtHK, hope you don't mind me posting it publicly like this. Also if the face is not what you had in mind let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #17
SgtHK
Vertex Violator

Send a message via MSN to SgtHK Send a message via Yahoo to SgtHK
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Oh I don't mind. This is still WIP? It's looking damn good already. Well maybe the large dents at the sides of the head would need fixing. Is the low-poly mesh still intact for animation?
SgtHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #18
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
sounds like a cool project. like everyone here, i'd love to help. even if you'd want my help, i dont have a lot of time. i'll still trying to get an intership somewhere...

the artwork so far on this mod looks really cool tho.
Old 17-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #19
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Here's the topology:

I made the base mesh maybe a year ago, but it's served me well so far. The ears in all honesty are a little messy, but since they don't move, it's not really a problem.

If you want more control with the morph targets, you could probably use one division level up as your base.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 17-08-2009 at 06:24 PM..
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #20
SgtHK
Vertex Violator

Send a message via MSN to SgtHK Send a message via Yahoo to SgtHK
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
This is all going well, Crispy. I think both left and right versions would work, though I'm used to handling something like the left version better. Keep it up, I can't wait to see the finished result
SgtHK is offline   Reply With Quote