>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > CG Chat

Old 17-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Retopo G - Retopology Tool For Maya

Retopo G makes re-topology, the process of rebuilding mesh over an existing sculpture, simple in Maya. What makes Retopo G so efficient is the Context Sensitive polygon building creation. This means almost any task can be done with the g (repeat) key.

The goal of Retopo G is to create a fast re-topology tool that works directly inside of maya, does not require a plugin, and does not interrupt your standard modeling tools. Other benefits include a combination of surface tools to create the cleanest mesh possible, credits to the creators of for AORelaxverts, and fitVertices. Also, unlike other re-topology solutions, it is very easy to switch between multiple objects to retopo.

More Information Here
Feel free to email me regarding this tool as well. My contact information can be found on my webpage above.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
wow, Well done crispy, Looks very good indeed.

What more can i say. You did great man
Awesome tool.
Old 18-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
timberwo7ves
rawr.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Users Who Have Already Recieved Awards  	Issue reason	Issue time	Controls	Remove PKT	3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
that looks really intuitive man, good job :}
Old 03-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #4
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
New Website up with a lot more information.

RetopoG.com
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
The closed Beta testing has begun! Understand however, I need to keep the number of testers to a manageable amount for me. That means until I can comfortably support more, it will be fairly selective. Your odds will be better if you have professional experience and work/live closer to me (LA). I had to divide it up somehow and unfortunately that's how it has to be.

Send your Beta Request to to:
Chris@retopog.com
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
The Prime
Registered Abuser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Looks very useful. I have sent you a hopeful beta request.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Please, when you send me your requests, include information on where you work and a link to your portfolio! If you have already sent me a request, please get back to me with the information. It will save me lots of time having to look everyone up.

Also, the tool is currently only comparable with Maya 2011 and Maya 2012 on Windows. Mac OS support may be possible in the future, but all that depends on if I can get some serious time working in the OS. There are licencing issues with Mac, and a few other big Mac OS specific bugs that more or less are inconsistencies across platforms in Maya.
Old 27-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
So it has been many months since I first demonstrated this tool or given an update. Yes, I am still alive, have been hard at work on RetopoG, and the Beta testing was a great success. A ton of new features have been added that should make the wait well worth it. To get an idea of what some of those are, you can have a look at my Tech Reel:

(out of date, many additions and improvements have been made since)

So where does RetopoG currently stand? First the good news. The core tool is nearly complete with just one minor bug left to fix! You could say it only needs the final coat of polish. Keep in mind that does not mean all the work related to releasing the product is done (video tutorials, up to date documentation, Registration Key distribution, etc)

As for the bad news, yes, RetopoG.com is currently down. My hopes were to release RetopoG by the end of the month, unfortunately having to now find and switch to a new webserver has slowed down progress on the web end . Also, while it is great news for me, I got a job. I'm in the middle of preparing for a move and will likely need some time to settle and adjust. Inevitably it will be pushed back a little further, but assuming life doesn't throw any curve-balls, it is well on track for a release in the near future.

Thank you everyone for your continued patience!

Last edited by Crispy4004; 28-01-2012 at 05:31 AM..
Old 22-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
CyberGolem

Hello,
I completely understand that life happens while making other plans, so I apologize for pressing, but I was wondering if there was any more news about the release of R-G.
Many regards,
~CG
CyberGolem is offline   Reply With Quote