>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge

Old 18-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Photo Modelling Chalenge #38 - Alienware X51

Each week or two myself or 3D Total's photo resource will provide a set of photo's to model from.

Each challenge we would like all who participate to model from the same references to learn, improve or showcase your ability in modelling from a photo set.

In my version of this challenge there are no limits to how many tris/quads you wish to use, but I would like to see you all try to match the photo as closely as possible in size & shape aswell as texturing too.

The Rules

Please post your wires, clays, & any texture sheets and final renders in this thread, wip and on topic chat is also fine here too, these challenges are supposed to be fun and we are not too strict on the rules.

The Prizes

The only prizes are a gold, silver and bronze awards dictated by these lovely little icons

Deadline Date: Friday 10.00pm GMT 24th October 2014

Deadline Timer

This Weeks Challenge:

In this challenge i'd like to see you model an Alienware X51, you can chose to model it as detailed as possible, it's a interesting shape, with plenty of different elements to concentrate on, as always enjoy modelling.

Reference Pictures

Reference Picture Archive
Attached Images

Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
come on guys, is this really too challenging?
Twitter
Old 10-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Sorry mate, I wanted to use my spare time for personal project but don't tempt me!

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
Botai

Is this still on or has it been canceled ? i want to make this beast !
Botai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
it's on till tomorrow, but if you wanna extention i'll happily extend it for someone to try it.
Twitter
Old 17-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
I started the other day but got stuck. You can extend and if you have another idea for PMC you could start a second one, no?

My WIP dump
Old 17-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
I could but not got an idea yet lol, so i'll extend me thinks
Twitter
Old 17-03-2015, 06:46 AM   #8
mahigill

I have found new photo gallerias at filmenia and this webpage is full of celebrity photo modelling challenges.
mahigill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #9
iamdemsugar
Keep calm and work hard.

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
I am gonna try it. How long the extend is?
iamdemsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #10
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Guys, challenges are over. New Speed Modelling Challenges will open soon-ish, stay tuned.

My WIP dump