>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 29-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #151
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Very cool. I think on initial viewing, the colour stands out a little too strong in some places (mostly on that toe spike, but the eyes are a little distracting too). It's just pulling my eye away from the center a little too much.

The colour scheme looks fantastic though, and I love the skin texture you have. It's definitely keeping up with the quality of your sculpt.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #152
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Holy mother of all mothers - thats freaking awsome. Like Squidman from Hell or something (without the tentacles). Even the metal of his armor looks and feels burned and ashy. I don't even dare give any ideeas since you're doing such a bang job by yourself I'm afraid I would corrupt in some way your image of this one. Keep up the great work. And maybe after this war is finished, you'd have pitty on us and make a zbrush tutorial about making decent normal maps and exporting them to max.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #153
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
You are freaking amazing!!1!You are freaking amazing!1!YOU ARE FREAKING AMAZING!!1one!!shift!!You got the idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar-3DT View Post
And maybe after this war is finished, you'd have pitty on us and make a zbrush tutorial about making decent normal maps and exporting them to max.
I second that!Also,what PC are you using?

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #154
Parkin
abrakadabra

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: Dominance War 3 - Winner! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Thanks guys!!!))))

neolith:I usingToshiba laptop with 2,2Ghz CPU and 2 Gb Ram.screen /17

now,I must fix som little defects)
Old 29-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #155
Steamtrooper

Send a message via MSN to Steamtrooper
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I did it despite my sloth like nature 
Gosh! looks great, but hey! you know that already. Could you put a harness on his back for me to sit on when assaulting those pesky machine prefab fortresses.

nice woik.
Steamtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #156
Glottis
Gone away grateful

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
i´d´ve loved to see that one in doom 3 or sum

fantastic job man! I Could wish you good luck in the contest.. but my guess is you won´t need it
Glottis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #157
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Freakin' Hell!!!!!!!
Mind blowing, terrific, fantastic, cowabunga, jinglewingle unxtunxt!!!!!!!!!!
Give him the mace and send him to the front. He's ready for party hard

Ugga!
DD
Old 29-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #158
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
he needs to be in the front line of the battle
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #159
ThatDon
iCreate

Send a message via AIM to ThatDon Send a message via MSN to ThatDon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Wolverine was linked from the frontpage! 
I think you should go with a light more pale skin tone to help contrast with the dark armor right now your dark on dark color scheme is really taking away from a other wise killer piece. Good luck.
ThatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #160
stalsby

Send a message via AIM to stalsby
Brutal! Kick ass work man! Hats off!
Old 30-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #161
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
damn, this is awesome. i love the glow-effect. how did you get it that awesome?
Old 30-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #162
sriramatrix

Thumbs up

KICKASS !!!!
sriramatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #163
Honki
if you're horni

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For creating his wonderful  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Parkin.
Your DWIII entry is giving me the horn.
Honki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #164
Smooth_Criminal

We hav a winner here ppl...

Cant take my eyes of it :P
Smooth_Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:49 AM   #165
aboutCG

amazing work! really nice skill of texturing and modeling
parkin, could you tell me what methed did you use to create occlusion map? do you use mental ray in 3dsmax or other package.
there always a problem when i use mentalray to bake a occlusion map : when i generate the occ map,the low-res model always cast shadow on the high res one .i do not know how can i get rid of the infuluence of the low-res model or how can i make the mental ray ignore the lowpoly model when i rendering.
thank you good luck
sorry for my poor english
aboutCG is offline   Reply With Quote