>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 17-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
lvl99-Gamer
New Guy

Dominance War V - 3D - Goddess of Time - Lvl99-Gamer

Just reserving for now.
There's not much backstory yet but this is what I got:

Lady Planck, The Temporal Goddess: Once a Horologist of some renown. The concept of time intrigued her so much she decided to dedicate her life to studying it, eventually joining the Time Mages.

After years of studying the manipulation of ''The Flow of Time'' the Time Mages decided to try and manipulate the arrow of time through the use of artifacts.
Miss Planck, fearing the paradoxes and instability this would bring to the Universe stole the artifacts and then became like super powerful or something and gained almost complete control of time.

Who cares about backstory anyway! I Will work the rest out when I got ''time'' :P

First time I'm entering a contest. I wasn't planning on joining at first but what have I got to lose hunh? Besides eternal humiliation and shame that is.
I've never really drawn a character before I started modelling so I might start with that since most people seem to start that way. Follow the herd!

Good luck to everyone!
lvl99-Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
lvl99-Gamer
New Guy

Update

So yeah this is what I got so far. I tried to put lots of arrows, gears and clocks on her armor but I have to put a threedy logo somewhere as well right?

I considered giving her a Clockhand sword or something but maybe that's a little too Kingdom Heartish.

I guess she doesn't really stand out yet but... I might just throw colours on her anyway and see where I go from there.

Cheers
Old 17-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Horology aye? Sounds like a decent idea. Don't be afraid to go stylized with it [a-la kingdom hearts] if that's what you find works with the concept, and the direction you want to go. Truthfully tho I think you could make a pretty wicked and realistic looking sword if you pick the clock hand if you want to stay hyper real instead. Just google clock hands, you'll find plenty to use as a starting point.

Glad you decided to join. Don't worry, the only shame in entering, is not finishing. Good luck.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Go go go new reinforcement troops!
Quote:
Besides eternal humiliation and shame that is.
There is no such thing like this here, just let's crush da other forums!!!
WARRRRRRRIOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSS
RAGE AND GLOOOORYYYYYYYY !!! (powered by DD)
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
lvl99-Gamer
New Guy

Heya quick update,

Just drew some swords, these 4 were my favorites. Still not sure on what kind of weapon I should give her. I might add a shield or give her a staff or something.

Photobucket

I guess I could also give her a wand or a mace or something or maybe even no weapon at all. When I find the time I'll draw some more, though I kinda want to get the drawing part over with, It's not excactly my strongest point. :P

Good day and good luck to everyone participating in the war!
Old 20-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
4 reminds me of my grand father clock winding key

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
n4, omg lvl99-Gamer you seems to be a vicious one. xD

your grand father cllllock?
liquidb, there are a few things you should know about threedy...

Last edited by washka; 20-03-2011 at 02:57 PM..
Old 20-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
[QUOTE=washka;846843
your grand father cllllock?
liquidb, there are a few things you should know about threedy...[/QUOTE]

like wat

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
We're not innocent people.
Old 20-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
lvl99-Gamer
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
We're not innocent people.
I am!
Old 20-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Those are some cool looking ideas for swords. I like the pointedness of the 4th and the asymmetry of the third. Something really nice nice might lie between the two. Also, the elegance of them I think suits the "goddess" idea.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
I am!
Nope you aren't. See the fake rules:

Quote:
-If you join two or three categories, they must all belong to the same team. Example, if you join 3dtotal for 3d character art, you cannot make a 2d or animation entry for team GameArtisans.
-Anyone may join Dominance War V - The Rise of Gods, except innocent people (that just concern threedy forums).
-This is a wip (work in progress) based challenge. Posting your w.i.p art in your chosen forum is ABSOLUTLY MANDATORY. Artists who show no work till the end may be disqualified.
Old 20-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #13
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
really like the idea and story behind this charavter really play with ideas on how she can control time, and moreover how she could use time as a weapon. can she use time to instantly age people to such an extent that they become ashes and dust? reduce tanks and weapons to lumps of rust... be very cool to see a focus on time as the weapon. good luck!
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
lvl99-Gamer
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XICON View Post
really like the idea and story behind this charavter really play with ideas on how she can control time, and moreover how she could use time as a weapon. can she use time to instantly age people to such an extent that they become ashes and dust? reduce tanks and weapons to lumps of rust... be very cool to see a focus on time as the weapon. good luck!
Yeah I'm working on it. I've been thinking of some awesome skills I can give her but trying to avoid making her too ''almighty'' because that's no fun.

Her powers will mostly be speeding up and slowing down time in small area's, this might sound weaker than slowing down time all around her but this allows for much greater control (In a war, allies and enemies are likely to be bunched up together and this way she can speed up time around herself and her allies and slow it down around her adversaries.)

Time traveling is impossible and might be a little overpowered but maybe she can like ''record'' time and when she loses an arm or gets badly wounded she could rewind it a little to recover.

I'll play around with her back story as well when I find the time between schoolwork and other personal projects but right now my main priority is actually making her. :P But don't worry if everything goes well I'll give her a great backstory with an awesome skillset. If you have any ideas though I would love to hear them!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread everyone!
Old 20-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl99-Gamer View Post
Yeah I'm working on it. I've been thinking of some awesome skills I can give her but trying to avoid making her too ''almighty'' because that's no fun.
Yeah it isn't any fun having a god that can beat all gods then why would there be any war at all? Some are still doing the uber powerful gods though and I had an idea for one but it would have ended up looking something like this

Loving your concept though and as far as the sword goes I like 4 and 2. 4 because it looks like it is from a clock, 2 for the design aspect just looks cool.