>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 19-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #46
Artling

Miezis, EvilKnight Ė HmmÖ thanks for comment but I should say that when people are saying that this character reminds them Predator or Gundum or Combine soldiers itís much more motivating and helpful

About texture resolution. I have 3 textures (Diffuse, Normal and Specular) 2048x2048 for character and 3 textures (the same channels) 1024x512 for weapon. I just quickly scale them down to put them here because I canít post big images.
Artling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #47
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
good, good, good. I just wanted to make sure you used the 2048, instead of something else. Althought you wasted space with the 1024/512 on the weapon, but thats just me.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #48
Artling

This is for winning pose shot.
Artling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #49
younglion
F.A.N.A.T.I.C.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
wow thats huge gun in other words a bfg. i like the render man its great.
younglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #50
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My ''Woody Harrelson'' piece  was featered on the front page! 
Total Awards: 2
Fantastic work mate well done. Good enough for cg methinks.
0202742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #51
ThatDon
iCreate

Send a message via AIM to ThatDon Send a message via MSN to ThatDon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Wolverine was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 2
The gun looks off in angle, other than that awesome stuff
ThatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #52
miezis
i love sci-fi

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
man, you rock! such a crisp image! love it! one of my favourites from this forum for shure.
miezis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #53
Torokun
Indie Creative Director

Send a message via AIM to Torokun
Nice!

Ur... I thought we can't put any images (or effects) as a background on the final pose shot?

Isn't that allowed only on the beauty shot?

http://www.studioigo.com/takogames/
Torokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #54
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
effects and whatnot are only allowed for the winning pose/final pose.

The beauty shot is the one with no effects, just the model.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 21-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #55
miezis
i love sci-fi

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
emmm... no, its the other way round... copied from submisions page:

Winning Pose Shot
- Dimensions: 800w x 900h pixels - 200k file size
- This image can only have "One" pose of your character. No multiple shots or different angles. Just one! Additionally, you must include a stand but you can not include a large background scene. Example, your character can rest on a pedestal, but he can "not" have a war scene with explosions and background characters behind him.

Beauty shot of your character
- Dimensions: 800w x 900h pixels - 200k file size
- Feel free to put multiple angles of your character or just one big version or your character on this page. You can include background characters, environments, effects.. basically, anything goes here.
miezis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #56
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
I'm checking on the background image thing now. I'll post a sticky thread with the answer so everyone will know. Keep your eyes open for it.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 21-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #57
- FredH -

This image is allowed. The background is just a wall with a little gradient and graininess applied to it. It's actually fairly simple. For the stand, this is ok too. People are allowed complex stands.

However, Artling, please consider loosing the wall behind your character. It's making him look small and it looks wrong to boot. The wall looks like it is right up against his back and there is no space between him and the wall. Furthermore, if you look at the pedestal, the details are small, suggesting the guy is big, but the wall's details are big making your guy look small If I were you, I would loose the wall entirely. Simple blackness or mist would open up your space more and let the viewers focus on your great character and pedestal without feeling clusterphobic. Otherwise, great work man! He came out great!

_FreD_

- www.ArtbyFH.org
- FredH - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #58
Torokun
Indie Creative Director

Send a message via AIM to Torokun
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT
effects and whatnot are only allowed for the winning pose/final pose.

The beauty shot is the one with no effects, just the model.

I am officially confused now...

http://www.studioigo.com/takogames/
Torokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #59
- FredH -

A lot of confusion in the ranks is happening here Whoot whoot, down with 3dtotal Lol

Torokun, I answered your question on gameartisans
- FredH - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 01:42 AM   #60
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
don't listen to me, take what Fred said and leave me out of it.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life