>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Digital Painting

Old 21-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #16
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
experiment

Last edited by CHAO5; 21-01-2010 at 01:26 AM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
Claw

Interesting idea, glad you removed the street lamp. definitely helps the composition.
Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Old 22-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #19
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
he guys... here is a new sketch. the basic pic is made with c4d. i test some options to overpaint it. cc welcome
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 24-01-2010 at 05:37 AM..
Old 22-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Last image will be kinda impressive in painting, some more flying pieces of building maybe, and you could use your previous painting work over this one.
Kiu!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #21
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
I definitely should've check this thread out sooner, Chao5. Your WIP shots are very helpful to someone like me, whose an environment/painting noob somewhat

Anyway, I totally dig what you're going for. Love the destroyed city, and it's honestly coming along nicely. Your perspective is super-solid. The buildings are sad and dirty. The whole atmosphere in most of your shots is spot on.

I gotta say though, while I love the idea of the Tornados ripping through things, I'm not sure it's quite ghost town-y. I mean, when you - well, when I - think of ghost towns, I think abandoned and dead. Having a Tornado in mid-destruction mode is too much action. That's just my two cents though; like I said, I'm torn. I love the idea, I just don't know if it's fitting for the theme.

Either way I love what you got going on However this thing ends up, I'll be looking forward to the finished piece, man!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #22
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
VinsanityV20: first I'm glad that it is helpful to you.

I think there is one theme. My concept is: the city is sunk in the sand, all people are dead or live in the subsoil.
The atmosphere is toxic or not habitable. Natural disasters destroy the rest of humanity.
So it is a ghost town ... not a town full of ghosts

cheers

Last edited by CHAO5; 24-01-2010 at 06:28 PM..
Old 24-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
ok. here is a new update of my last pic. some flying pices and stuff like that comming soon. cc welcome

Last edited by CHAO5; 25-01-2010 at 10:37 PM..
Old 25-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #24
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
no comments!? ok here is a new update of my ghost town. I hope some constructive comments to be made.
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 25-01-2010 at 09:43 PM..
Old 25-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #25
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
ok... here is the nearly final and the basic picture. hope u like it
Attached Images

Old 27-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #26
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
new update
Attached Images

Old 28-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #27
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
My eye don't like your right fllash of lightning. Like your desintegration/flying piece of building effect.
Maybe you could some more rubbish/trash/rocks/filth or detail? Or some noise for the sand?
Colors?
Keep it up man, nice work so far!

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 28-01-2010 at 09:38 PM..
Old 31-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #28
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
hi here is the final. hope u like it.
Attached Images

Old 31-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #29
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hey man, amazing one! You're definitly the one of this comp' that can manage and measure zone effects. Maybe I'm missing a bit of desaturated colors, just some hot filter, but it's a choice.
I think that with some more photo work you could even have posted this one for the armageddon matte painting theme, no?
Hard work, good luck for the judging part!