>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 06-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #61
artist_cg

here is another one

here is another pic , i don't think it would stand a chance the time now is nearly 3 hours , and really nice sculpt DELTATHUND3R , impressive , good luck everybody , i think i am going to give up

artist_cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #62
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by artist_cg View Post
i think i am going to give up
Dont give it up,the whole purpose of this is not to win(since there's only one 1st place),but to have fun.Just submit it whenever you think you're done with it,even if you dont win

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #63
artist_cg

thanks

thanks for the push man
Old 06-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #64
ianchaos
Keep me from the rats.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art ''goofy gun'' 
I must agree with neolith, don't give up. You still have an hour to work on that sculpt just see what you can do...and even better than that you still have time to do a totally different sculpt if you want.

Doing the skeleton from a sphere was a very ambitious choice, and you've done a good job with it.
ianchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #65
artist_cg

thanks

thanks ianchaos for the nice words , i 'll keep working , good luck all
Old 06-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #66
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
DELTATHUND3R: I like the second one
Old 06-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #67
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
i think i am going to give up
totally agree with the others, don't give up - there's still time! PLUS, there is always the option of doing a new one after you finish - you can then choose your best one to submit as a final submission later on! we don't limit the number of creations, we just ask that everyone submits one final submission only. so if you're not happy with what you've got right now, you can always take what you've learned and then create something new! just an idea
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #68
DELTATHUND3R

Artist_cg-Thanks and dnt give up I really like ya sculpt its unique.Looks really good the hands great.
Capitan_popo-Thanks I will keep that 1 in mind when get ready to submitt.
Thanks for comments .
Since ive fin with sweet turtle dude.
I will try and do another within the next few days.Hopefully of the waterhorse wee waterhorse.now hes a cutie as a puppy.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:36 AM   #69
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
That's a very nice work Bryzol... Really beautiful!

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #70
HighPolyBear

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
Question, i see already very complex models, can i retopo base mesh in zbrush?
HighPolyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #71
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPolyBear View Post
Question, i see already very complex models, can i retopo base mesh in zbrush?
I'm not running these comps,so this is not the official answer,but i really think you're not allowed to retopo the mesh or modify it by mesh extraction,topology tools,adding subtools etc.Just use the sculpting tools,after all this is the challenge,sculpt something with what you're given,even if it's just a sphere or a cube.

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #72
ianchaos
Keep me from the rats.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art ''goofy gun'' 
I believe that neolith is correct you are only allowed to subdivide your object and use the sculpting tools. You are not allowed to do any mesh extraction or bring it into another program to add any more edge loops, just sculpt it.

My insect, made from the egginsides.OBJ, was subdivided 9 times for a count of 13,631,488 polys. The stick and the eggsack, made from the top and bottom halves of the eggsplit.OBJ, were both subdivided 7 times so each had a count of 2,097,152 polys. All together I was working with 17,825,792 polys, which was making my poor old computer cry. Luckily I save often, the number of unrecoverable memory errors I had in Zbrush was starting to make this sculpt unworkable. Time to shell out for a new machine I think.

Last edited by ianchaos; 07-09-2008 at 05:01 PM..
ianchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #73
skulll_monster

Send a message via MSN to skulll_monster Send a message via Yahoo to skulll_monster
hey all....i just play around with the sphere...here is the result in less than 2 hours ( im recordind a video during my sculpt )...
Attached Images

skulll_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #74
AA-ron
Double-A

Really nice work for 2 hours, skulll_monster.
www.youtube.com/algae998
AA-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #75
DELTATHUND3R

Skull_monster thats impressive..I lub him hes wikked a cross between the grinch and a devil .Very nice sculpt.you have 2 hours more too complete that sculpt.Im think dam whats he gunna do thats so nice .very good scupt indeed.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote