>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Game Art

Old 26-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #16
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Hey all!

I started the sculpting process, and i was thinking about how i'm gonna do my normal map at the end, so i tried generating it from the sculpt i have so far. To my big surprise, it works fine

Here is my render with normal map on the lowpoly character. Now that i see it works, i gonna do all the details i wanted I'm sooo excited now xD

I used the built in normal map generator in zbursh. Can anyone tell me why is it better to bake it in 3dsmax?
Attached Images

Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
If you were to bake in Max you get more control over how the lowpoly mesh is projected onto the Highpoly. Typically you'll need to downres the mesh before you can import it into Max though. You can also project a true AO pass inside of Max...I think Zbrush still fakes it...but I haven't baked an AO pass in 3.5r3 yet.
Old 28-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #18
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
3dsmax 2009 just went crazy... I can't start it because it crashes at the end of the loading. I already reinstalled it, nothing changed. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
Old 28-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #19
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Well, solved the problem.. i deleted "SceneExplorerView.gup" from stdplugs. I don't know what it does, except crashing my 3dsmax..
Old 28-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #20
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
arh well done
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
Cordero

Awards Showcase
hey all!

My textures so far. Haven't touched the weapon yet.
I wont enter with this at the final entry, because its not the quality i could bring you guys

but i'll finish it till deadline.

edit: forgot to add picture..
Attached Images

Old 29-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #22
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
I reckon you should enter the weapon is funky also the breast plate is looking good
Old 29-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #23
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Well... i asked you to finish, you finished... you suggest me to enter... so i will
eye for an eye, or what they call this
Old 29-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #24
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Good man
Old 30-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #25
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Well, i had enough of texturing, so i posed him in beauty/winning stance. The camera FOV is slightly modified just to bring out the weapon Its not final, just a progress shot... I will change the lame lightning too.

Heading back to textures now
Attached Images

Old 30-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #26
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Looks pretty good actually. I like the lighting atmosphere [could do with maybe a bit of a fill light, just a little]. Give those texture some more loving and this should end up looking pretty cool [even with his ridiculously square toes ].

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #27
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Thanks! Loving textures, understood on it
Old 30-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #28
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Looking good. U like texturing do u? I have a tutorial coming out soon for trxturing u might be interested in looking at
Old 30-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
Cordero

Awards Showcase
I like them sure! But i'm not very strong with them at the moment, so i'm looking forward for your tutorial mate!

little update... still a lot to do with the textures.

I'll do a wallpaper with this i guess i'll be the only one using it, but still, its fun..
Attached Images

Old 31-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #30
Cordero

Awards Showcase
here is my final entry:
Attached Images

Last edited by Cordero; 31-01-2010 at 12:10 PM..