>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Digital Painting

Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 AM   #1
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
CHAO5 - Ghost Town

hi all.

here is my start wip, first sketch idea.
hope u like it. cc welcome
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 12-01-2010 at 05:56 AM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
1st update
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 12-01-2010 at 06:04 AM..
Old 12-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
raulfabi

Send a message via Yahoo to raulfabi
Hi,
Welcome man,
I love the view in your image.
Some cracks,rust and damage on the buildings will look great.
Cheers.

www.raulfabi.webs.com
raulfabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
realy thanks man. cracks,rust and damage on the buildings comming soon
Cheers
Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
awesome start man looks very promising
Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
like the mood. Will you keep these colors. I think it fits the theme perfect.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
thanks guys. Jep, i will keep these colors. something to the effect that a sandstorm.
I found some time so here is an update... little darker, more flying particles...

sry for my poor english
Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 12-01-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Old 13-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #8
Arteyo

very nice start.. really like the clouds and tornado on the background there.
Arteyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #9
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
realy thanks Arteyo
hereīs a update.
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 17-01-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Old 17-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
dark-blast
Headbangers

ow man! this is awesome! I like the concept and the way how you execute the perspective! good job keep update bro
http://dark-blast.deviantart.com
dark-blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
thx dark-blast
here is the next update.
Attached Images

Old 19-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
dark-blast
Headbangers

more details part you added I guess it would be better composition if you put the street lamp not in the middle of view, because the focus audience is going to be go to the lamp and the importance message at the storm behind is became secondary focus.. just my two cents..
Old 19-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #13
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Jep, it destructed the conzept. I agree with that so i will change it. thx for the good constructional rap.

Cheers
Old 19-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #14
dark-blast
Headbangers

no problemo mate all the best
Old 21-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #15
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
i think itīs nearly finished some more details. hope u like it guys.
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 21-01-2010 at 01:22 AM..