>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Prizes, Sponsors & General Discussion

Old 01-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Challenges general discussion thread

General suggestions, chat etc all go here, if you have a specific question about a challenge that's running then it's best to post that at the same place as the challenges brief and the particular mod of that challenge will help you.

Cheers

Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
I just wanted to say the last challenge was great to do. I liked it how you could mix everything you know to complete the image. The challenges have keep me focused and Ive learnt a lot from having this focus.

Thanks
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 3
New challenge today? pls .
Old 30-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
throne
Problem ?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Sculpting challenge, the last one didn't really feel like one at all, for me it was more like high-res modeling, what i would really like is a old school challenge,one with pre-set basemesh for everyone.
throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
I think we are going to have a month of rest people, the costs, organization, prizes etc etc are getting on top of us a little bit so we just need a short break. Will be back in full force on 1st June.

Many thanks

Tom
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but was there any try to start a monthly challenge of lightning?
I don't know if there would be any interest in that, but i would sure join every month (and i'm also sure that Tarik would love to show off his lightning skills too)

It could relate to the theme too.. last month could have been a deep forest scene, and the Gift to the Gods could have been an altar of some sort..
Modeling a basic scene, and lightning it with any kind of engine.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
@tom sir noooo!! please come up wth something , i would be like a majin buu wthouth candy, dont take my candy away. we can have a challenge wthout prizes. just a warming up duel to death.

to compensate for rewards , just call the best artists in each category for us to against,
i mean the artists u interview and those who are featured in exotique and other mags.

i wont mind going up against richard tilbury or even papa georgio for that matter , just put your best foot forward , we arent here for prizes every mnth , we are here to learn and grow together , we are here for threedy.

Oh if you have a month long beach vacation planned then i am happy to oblige , but ull have to make june a double bonanza then.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:18 AM   #8
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
tom your going on a long beach vacation? J/K

can't wait to see what in store for June.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #9
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordero View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but was there any try to start a monthly challenge of lightning?
I don't know if there would be any interest in that, but i would sure join every month (and i'm also sure that Tarik would love to show off his lightning skills too)

It could relate to the theme too.. last month could have been a deep forest scene, and the Gift to the Gods could have been an altar of some sort..
Modeling a basic scene, and lightning it with any kind of engine.
A lighting challenge is a good idea, but it might have to be a texturing and lighting challenge and the modelled scene is provided.

Tom
Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
I'm not sure that providing the scene for everyone could work, because it would not be as "colorful" as if everyone would do their own scene.

I mean this could be something like using the same character model for the Game Art challenge, and see who can make a better job on the texturing, sculpting and on the other stuff.

Well, of course a complex scene's modeling texturing, and lightning takes more time, but its worth a try

But of course, using the same scene would really show off who did the best job with the lightning, and the texturing, which is actually the goal but you know, it could be a bit boring.
Or not?

Thanks for your response anyway!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
Akim

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge The Coming of Ice Challenge: Polar Colony Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge  
Total Awards: 2
OFFTOP:
I would like to ask someone from 3DT team help me (not now, only when you guys will have free time) to find links on previous challenge results, like this one:
http://www.3dtotal.com/articles/chal...ch_results.php

I saw many of them before, but now I can't find anything, only final work threads. It will be nice to have the archive of those pages.

Akim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
matt_3dtotal
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 4
I have just posted a thread which has links to all the previous challenge winners pages! this thread will be updated monthly from now on.

The link is: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75849

Enjoy!

Matt.
Request your Awards here!
matt_3dtotal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
Tale

Hello everybody

I have a few questions to ask, please be king to give me answer.
When the new challenge will begin?
Can i get some kind of a list with FAQ just about these challenges, if exist?

Im new here so...
Thank you!
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
Hello everybody

I have a few questions to ask, please be king to give me answer.
When the new challenge will begin?
Can i get some kind of a list with FAQ just about these challenges, if exist?

Im new here so...
Thank you!
1st June
Sorry there is no FAQ
Old 06-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-3DT View Post
1st June
Sorry there is no FAQ
June? Thats a hole month to wait
Are there any challenges that we can conpete now, in this month?
Thank you for your quick answer!
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote