>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Stylized Challenge

Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
June 2008 - The end of the Stylised Challenge... For now!

Hello Guys and Gals,

This message comes to you all with some sadness I'm afraid, as we have decided to stop the 3D Stylised Challenge for the time being. It has had a good year and a half run in the Threedy forums, and in 3DCreative magazine of course, and the Caveman Making Ofs and Carnivorous Plant Top Ten images and Top Three Making Ofs will all still be featured in 3DCreative magazine's upcoming issues, but I'm afraid we're going to stop them running from now onwards... That is until we can come with an even better, brand spanking new series of challenges for you all!

In the meantime, the speed sculpting challenges are amazing us all so please get involved in those and in the other challenges on the Threedy forums... and for those of you who also dabble with 2D artwork then we're still running the 2D side of the Stylised Challenges over on ConceptArt.org, until we find a suitable new and exciting series to take those over!

We'll be featuring the Speed Sculpting Challenge results - and hopefully "Making Ofs", too - in future issues of 3DCreative magazine, so be sure to get involved in the speed sculpting challenges for more prizes and exposure until we come back with a new series of challenges for you! I will look out for you all over in the Speed Sculpting Challenge.

Well, finally, it has been a pleasure chatting to you all and getting to know you all throughout these challenges, but this is not the end I promise!! We will be back with more challenging fun for you again soon, so hold tight and be sure to keep in touch with the friends you have all made throughout the life of the Stylised Challenge on Threedy...

I'll see you around the forums! Thanks for all your support and kindness over the past year and a half - we couldn't have run these challenges without the continued support that you all give us! Thank you!!

Lynette

Last edited by Lynette-3dt; 02-06-2008 at 03:18 PM..
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
HA-Jassar
Traditional Digital

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in the stylized animal ''Carnivorous Plant'' 
Total Awards: 5
Sad news indeed , but I guess the new series will be even better and better! I just hope you start them soon
Cheers
Old 02-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
AW that is not cool news, quite bothered by it but anyway hopefully u will come back with a new cool idea soon!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
hey guys, it is indeed sad to see them go. but we'd like to think up something new for you all to keep the challenges interesting and maybe bring along even more people to take part, too! we'll have a big meeting soon to think up some new ideas, but in the meantime please do enjoy the other challenges that we host in the Threedy forums, as they're all on here for you guys!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
why..........why........now that I had joined the fun. lol, well hopefully you'll en-light us with some new ideas, I'm sure

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
penguins
Penguin shaman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''feeling peckish, for peanuts'' 
Total Awards: 2
I am about to cry. This is the reason I joined the forums in the first place. Such sad sad news. I have had lots of fun and have learned a lot with these challenges. I will miss them for ever and ever.

I guess I will see all of you guys around the forums,
~penguins
penguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
Siege

Awww! That is sad. Anyway possible to run a just for fun Stylized challenge while real one is in LIMBO?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
justus_jonas

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Ohh! Bad news. It was always a great pleassure and inspiration to watch these guys competing.
Cheers

Winner
Pocket inventions!

Runner Up
Dont sneeze!
Light in the darkness!
Take a closer look!

Honorable Mentions
Afraid of the dark!
Theyre so pretty!
Pimp my sleigh!
Its in the post (revisited)!

Does a falling tree in the forrest make a sound when there is no one to hear? - T. Pratchett

Last edited by justus_jonas; 03-06-2008 at 07:27 AM..
justus_jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #9
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Let's throw a viking funeral for the SC's...
Like penguins, I've joined the forum because of these challenges, so it's with a heavy heart that I see them end, even if it's for a period only.

Ugga!
DD
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
pables
Modoler!

Send a message via MSN to pables
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.057 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge #24  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge ''Walk this way'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge 
Total Awards: 12
Im so sorry, I never participated, but I used to follow all the challenges

Hope they come back soon!
pables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
your so rad

man that is total bad news ive been trying my hardest to finish up school so I could actually get time to do this challange ha figures I graduate in a week and its done for a while......if I only could sculpt worth a dam! Please bring this back asap!!
your so rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Anyway possible to run a just for fun Stylized challenge
Hey guys, I've had a chat with the team but we're not going to run the Stylised Challenges just for fun in the meantime, as our time needs to be devoted elsewhere at the moment. We obviously can't stop you running your own 'just for fun' challenges, but we wouldn't be able to get involved in them (and from past experiences challenges can become troublesome if they're run by the forums users alone), so I'm sorry for the bad news.

Enjoy the last part of the Carnivorous Plant one - it's been an excellent challenge to see the end of the series, thanks everyone!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #13
Daniela Blanco

Send a message via MSN to Daniela Blanco
sadddddddd.......realy sad.............just when I started to participate.......but that's ok..........hope it come back soon............and see you guys on the others thread......
Daniela Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #14
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 12
sadness enveloped me...but there is nothing permanent in this world except for change. I do believe that the 3dtotal team will come up with something even better and whenever that will come, i believe it's worth the wait.
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #15
chubu
Animator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge 'Sit down and Think'' Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in ''executioner'' challenge 
oh man! that is so sad...
I do to joined the forums becuase of this challenge...
it is really sad to hear that its the end.

Lynette - I hope you're going to bring us a really great new challenge
instead of the superb challenge we had here...
cant wait to see what will it be