>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home
 


Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2015, 12:48 AM   #121
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute
 
BiG ToE-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,300
Thanks: 364
Thanked 263 Times in 222 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Something like that.

Got any ideas? I was thinking of a mini challenge. Something with 3,000-5,000 tris and a 512 or 1024 texture map.

Also thought about doing a troll challenge. Saw a show (Face Off), where they created a troll to match a bridge, thought it was a good idea.

But, I haven't made up my mind.
__________________
Tighten Up The Graphics On Level 3


"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #122
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance
 
Kaiune3D's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 553
Thanks: 10
Thanked 48 Times in 47 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
I don't know low poly is kinda on the outs in the industry except in mobile apps. I would like to amend the usual rule of 1 texture map to drop-able/unequip-able accessories (ie weapons) can have their own texture map at 1/2 the scale of the characters max so if the character is 1024 the weapon would be 512. This would keep more inline with current industry standards as interchangeable accessories are rarely tied to the characters texture map.
__________________
Website
Facebook
About.me
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKaiune3D! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (27-02-2015)
Old 26-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #123
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance
 
Kaiune3D's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 553
Thanks: 10
Thanked 48 Times in 47 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
I would love to do a Mech V Monster battle
__________________
Website
Facebook
About.me
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKaiune3D! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (27-02-2015)
Old 23-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #124
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance
 
Kaiune3D's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 553
Thanks: 10
Thanked 48 Times in 47 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
__________________
Website
Facebook
About.me
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKaiune3D! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (23-03-2015)
Old 23-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #125
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute
 
BiG ToE-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,300
Thanks: 364
Thanked 263 Times in 222 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
ok, ok, Mech V Monster battle.

Just give me a few days to get all together.
__________________
Tighten Up The Graphics On Level 3


"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:42 AM   #126
ShivamPandey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just wondering if there could be any competition that goes like:
design a stylized retro cartoon of your choice..........
ShivamPandey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 04:34 AM   #127
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute
 
BiG ToE-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,300
Thanks: 364
Thanked 263 Times in 222 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivamPandey View Post
just wondering if there could be any competition that goes like:
design a stylized retro cartoon of your choice..........
We could, only issue is, no one enters challenges anymore.
__________________
Tighten Up The Graphics On Level 3


"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #128
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy
 
RogerP's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,785
Thanks: 312
Thanked 292 Times in 270 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
__________________
MY PORTFOLIO

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatRogerP! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (01-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #129
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!
 
Warlock 279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 1119′N, 14215′E
Posts: 1,120
Thanks: 2
Thanked 54 Times in 49 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
We could, only issue is, no one enters challenges anymore.
...too true. I'm not sure there's even enough forum traffic to drum up some entries at this point.
__________________
...if the viewer is left wondering if they should have been wearing 3D glasses, you're probably not using chromatic aberration correctly!

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatWarlock 279! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (12-07-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 11:42 PM   #130
krayzgerman
Registered User
 
krayzgerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 92
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Updates and Rebranding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
We could, only issue is, no one enters challenges anymore.
I think there are two main reasons to this. The format for how the forum is organized is confusing and too cluttered, if there were main posts for each challenge making it clear and up to date it would be easier to find and see what is new. I'm just visiting the forums after a couple years and everything is clustered and super confusing what is new or if there is a challenge going on at all. The posts are in no specific order and responses are all over the place. Taking an approach of how Reddit organizes posts and forums would be good. They're easy to navigate and understand what is what.

1. Organization
Example:
[Challange #0034 - "Fireman Character" ]
------->[ Member 001 Entry ]
-------->[ Member 002 Entry ]
--------->[ Member 003 Entry ]
-------------------->[003 Response 001]
--------------------->[003 Response 002]
---------->[ Member 004 Entry ]

2. Promotion
I don't think prizes are that important, but getting word out there is a challenge to better our personal growth is. Whether through ads or youtube vlogs, tutorial videos etc. getting shout-outs to "3DTotal Forum Challenges"

my 2 cents
__________________
dkastl.com WIP
krayzgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:31 AM   #131
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute
 
BiG ToE-3DT's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,300
Thanks: 364
Thanked 263 Times in 222 Posts
Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Ironiclly, the one time I visited reddit, I was completely lost. Seemed as if none of it was organized.

For here, When a challenge is going on, There is a "ad" posted in the top news bar on the main forum page. As for the challenge page, the challenge post would be at the top, where you can't miss it. When the challenge is over, the post is removed from the top, left to get swallowed up by new posts.
__________________
Tighten Up The Graphics On Level 3


"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #132
insect
...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Posts: 793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
I see your point, but I have to agree with BigToe; reddit is really not a pinnacle of clear clean organization. The hierarchical model is unnecessary messy when there are many entries with few replies; it shines in cases when a few branches have many leaves, technically speaking.

A separate subforum for each challenge would fix the readability problem, but it's an overkill when there are up to 5 entries per challenge. We really don't need a huge infrastructure for ordering such low activities.

A simplest solution would be slightly different but strict thread naming conventions, with challenge name as the first part of the title for entry threads; differing usernames add to the visual mess when username is the first part. Announcement thread would have clearly different formatting (in brackets or something?), so that thread purpose could be easily identified at a glance.
insect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:55 AM   #133
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!
 
Warlock 279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 1119′N, 14215′E
Posts: 1,120
Thanks: 2
Thanked 54 Times in 49 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by insect View Post
A simplest solution would be slightly different but strict thread naming conventions, with challenge name as the first part of the title for entry threads; differing usernames add to the visual mess when username is the first part. Announcement thread would have clearly different formatting (in brackets or something?), so that thread purpose could be easily identified at a glance.
@Insect, that's pretty much how its been done, or at least, was when there was traffic, especially for things like Dominance War.

There are three challenge subforums that could probably archived as they're long over [Space Girl, BlizzFest, and The IFFC Game Art Challenge], but otherwise, when things are active, its not terribly hard to navigate.

At this point, as low traffic as things are right now, a single thread would probably suffice for the challenge announcement and WIPs for everyone [read - "all three people"] with a separate thread for final entries/voting [read - "to showcase the one person that gets relatively close to something that can almost be called finished"].


Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
Ironiclly, the one time I visited reddit, I was completely lost. Seemed as if none of it was organized.
...ya, reddit is pretty much my go-to example for how NOT to organize anything ever.
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:27 PM   #134
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy
 
RogerP's Avatar
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,785
Thanks: 312
Thanked 292 Times in 270 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
There's only one problem here. Not organization of the site, not the topics of the challenges, etc.

Traffic, that's it. These forum is virtually empty, compared to others. There was a time where that wasn't the case. I remember seeing tons of entries for all the different challenges and after a while it all started to wither.

To tell you the truth the only reason I come back here from time to time is because this is probably the first forum I really got into when I first started getting into 3D. Would love to see it come back to life though I really had a great time back in the day.
__________________
MY PORTFOLIO

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 12:26 AM   #135
tokai
binaryriot
 
tokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Europe
Posts: 264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Why did it died out like that? I posted like 2 weeks ago in the Speed Modelling forum wondering why there are no challenges and checked since then like every day... only a handful of posts by other ppl... the rest is an absolute ghost town.

Perhaps related to the abandonment of the old "threedy.com" domain? Perhaps many don't find the new place? I still remember the forum when it was running under the threedy.com name, back then.

It's sad.
__________________
tokai/ binaryriot — Speed-Challenge Gallery: https://tokai.binaryriot.org/3dtotal/

Last edited by tokai; 13-08-2016 at 12:29 AM..
tokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
all images displayed on this site are copyright the original artists and may not be reproduced, copied or published elsewhere without their express permission