>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 21-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Man of Steel - Superman

Here's my latest project...Superman from the Man of Steel movie. I've seen the benchmarks set by people such as Bigguns and Kybel, so that's the standard I'm aiming for...let's see how close I can get!

C&C is very much appreciated.
Attached Images

DaveKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #2
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
A few more subtle details have been worked on, not something you can really tell in this render. Here's a quick decimate and cloth sim. Looking at it the wrist is too long but I'll sort this when I do the hand scan.

Old 30-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #3
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
Now that Iron Man is finished it's straight back on to this but I'm going to do the Batman v Superman version of the suit instead.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
Here's a small update on the head. Feeling much happier with it now

Old 16-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #5
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
A bit of a body update

Old 19-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
Fynn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mount Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
looks great so far
I think the serratus anterior could be more defined since the muscles around the ribcage are so visible
are you going to texture and render him?
Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #7
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it. Yeah, he's going to be fully textured and rigged. I'm hoping I can take it through a complete character pipeline...muscle systems, cloth sims etc.
Old 22-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #8
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
I've been procrastinating with the face detail and did some look dev instead with a couple of new HDRIs. Everything is still very much wip, did a real quick zbrush unwrap and scribbled on a quick mask for the muscle suit underneath.

Old 25-05-2016, 06:25 PM   #9
Fynn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mount Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
looks really good dave
could it be that his legs are a bit short?
Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 06:01 AM   #10
BuseHase

Very nice work on the face, looks pretty accurate! Keep going
BuseHase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #11
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
looks really good dave
could it be that his legs are a bit short?
Thanks. I'll double check but I've been using this as ref.

Old 15-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #12
DaveKW

Awards Showcase
Current progress on the head.