>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Modelling - "Legendary Weapon"

Old 29-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #16
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
Total Awards: 2
And here is the Medusa I used for final entry. I have adjusted those eyes a bit in photoshop to make them more lively.

As for making them "lethal" I didnt go that way, because the legend says entire head was dangerous, not just eyes. I think it has been Clash of Titans that introduced killing eyes.

And as for making the head paler, decayed, or even monstrous... that would have been "cheating" on my part. I mean I intended to do the head in "classic" fashion, as it has been portrayed by Caravaggio, or Rubens - female head with snakes for hair. That way it has been more challenging. Well at least for me

Doing decayed head would have been a way out of lips, nose, and feminine features. It would have been fun, but it would not have been a challenge
Attached Images

JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 AM   #17
spangycqw

I accept with information: It is most likely you know this weapon; If you dont know this weapon, it is almost certain you have seen it on a picture; It is unique. There is only one - no copy of it ever worked; It truly is legendary (in all meanings of the word).
spangycqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #18
cancunphoto

the great thing about scoring goals in pes is that they feel like u actually created them. I may not be explaining this well but compare it to fifa, it just feels way more mechanical and doesnt have the same effect as pes when scoring
cancunphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 01:53 AM   #19
clausiaa1

Hi my friends, I am really like your awesome collection. My favorite is enjoying such a beautiful sunset view and stunning colours. Your images created me a good feelings after a hard working day. Many thanks!

Watch The Expendables Movie Online for Free
Watch Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World Movie Online for Free
clausiaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote