>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 05-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Kungfoowiz
Dreamer

Hey, it's looking good bro, as Elgama saying, some soft reflected light and rim lighting would spruce up the shadows. Looking forward to seeing more of the suit, you got the helmut quite nice but yip more interesting lighting. Good luck with the modeling, oh btw, is that the guy's expression in the final render? Just curious I guess.. Have a guud-1 =)
Kungfoowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKungfoowiz! Thank you:
wasiq (07-04-2011)
Old 07-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #17
wasiq

thanks a lot Kungfoowiz i'll look into the lighting... this is just s test render. i'll stick with the darks probably i didnt quite get what you were asking? the final render will be having the same expression
wasiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #18
wasiq

Ok. so just to make things clear... ATOMHAWK is the name of the first man in space. Actually his callsign. After successfully breaking earth's orbit, he experiences engine power fluctuation. When he reels out to fix it, he witnesses the destruction of Earth. a giant creature like entity devours the Earth. This creature absorbs all spectrums of light hence turns up black in appearance. the only thing it cannot absorb is Cosmic radiation which glows like fire or dust as it touches it.
This creature eats up earth and ATOMHAWK witnesses the horror first hand. He tries to escape. Although i have an end to the story... id like to leave you guys making your own

the last WIP image...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 16-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
wasiq

i forgot to mention which font i used....

The font used in the poster is a Windows standard or atleast in my copy of windows 7
Old 18-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
wasiq

the windows default font used in my poster is "garamond"
Old 20-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #21
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Congratss !! you were selected one of the finalist !!!
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatVitrux! Thank you:
wasiq (21-04-2011)
Old 21-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #22
wasiq

Thanks Vitrux! and Tom and 3d Total Wooohoooo!!!
Old 21-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I love the way you did his sad and shocked look ! really great job

Last edited by Vitrux; 21-04-2011 at 06:40 PM..
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atomhawk, contest, wasiq