>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #46
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
welcome to the forums and the Speed Sculpting Challenge geostik! look forward to seeing more from you in the next challenge, too!

great concept, Bryzol, keep up the great work!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #47
DELTATHUND3R

Fatihakin-Thanks
bryzol thats one nice looking sculpt really nice idea.Love the hair the clam shells pretty dam good .
Ive managed too finish mine.Im really happy with it such a cutie..I will post up piks very soon.
Some nice works appearing cant wait too see more .
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:35 AM   #48
Siah

About an hour in. More to come soon.

Siah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:13 AM   #49
ianchaos
Keep me from the rats.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 2
some amazing sculpts out there as always.
DELTATHUND3R: well done...I don't think he could look any better...or cuter.
frebel: I loved that show...haven't thought of it in years, great start...can't wait to see him finished.
bryzol: simply amazing...and you still have time to make it more so. great idea, great presentation, great sculpt.
Siah: in only an hour you have a beautiful piece, love the expression...can't wait to see where you go with it.

Well I'm just a few minutes shy of the four hour mark, so this is pretty much it for this sculpt.
The insect is made from the egginsides.OBJ, the stick is from the top half of the eggsplit.OBJ and the egg sack is from the other half.

I'm calling it "Mother on Driftwood".

Last edited by ianchaos; 05-09-2008 at 07:18 PM..
ianchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:58 AM   #50
Thrillhouse900

New to Zbrush, as well as the sculpting challenge.
I wasnt possitive how to use more then one .obj at a time with zBrush, so I didnt If anyone knows where this information can be found that would rock.

Anyways, here comes your typical blob of something with a face on it from a newb.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #51
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
Total Awards: 4
Thanks for all good words.
Good job with your scoulpts gays. I like your turtle DELTATHUND3R.

Here is an update of my "Venus" . Maybe I will finsh it later outside the comp. It was very similar to sculpting from a cube for me so there was a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately in fev places there was not enought of polygons to make it better and the time was up too

I find this comp very difficult. It is much different from previus ones. Our moderators suprised us one more time...
"A birth of scoulpt" can mean everything and nothing at the same time, and there is no visible direction in wich we could go with our scoulpts as was in 1st-7th challenges. This time they realy gave us absolute freedom, there is absolutely no limitation, no pirates, no supersoldiers, no cementary, only the Scoulpt, the scoulpt that can be everything in the world that we can imagine!... If only our imagination wiil be able to forget about this EGG they gave us

Waht I was going to say:... NICE ONE, 3DT-team. Keep it that way!
bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #52
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
And the images...
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #53
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Quote:
I find this comp very difficult. It is much different from previus ones. Our moderators suprised us one more time...
"A birth of scoulpt" can mean everything and nothing at the same time, and there is no visible direction in wich we could go with our scoulpts as was in 1st-7th challenges. This time they realy gave us absolute freedom, there is absolutely no limitation, no pirates, no supersoldiers, no cementary, only the Scoulpt, the scoulpt that can be everything in the world that we can imagine!... If only our imagination wiil be able to forget about this EGG they gave us

Waht I was going to say:... NICE ONE, 3DT-team. Keep it that way!
Thanks Bryzol! Great work!! The next challenge, 009, we hope to be another 3D Printed prize opportunity, and it will be different yet again!! So everyone please do stay tuned and keep your eye on these challenges, as there's plenty more fun yet to be had!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #54
AutopsySoldier
Can I say **** here?

Send a message via Yahoo to AutopsySoldier
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
lol bryzol called you guys gays!

Anyways, I'm stuck between bryzol and ianchaos bug thing...I'm digging both these sculpts.

If I grow some balls I'lll probaly join.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #55
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
sorry guys!, I didn't meant to call you gays... ups.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #56
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
*teeheehee* - don't worry, Bryzol, gave us a good chuckle
Old 05-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #57
DELTATHUND3R

Hi all.
Bryzol-thats looks awsome..Love ya hair it turned out great the whole look of your sculpt her legs her face.she seems so at peace really well done.
ianchaos-I like it...very nice.The eggs look great,not an easy insect to do and youve done well.
Siah- Great expression.I have no idea what its gunna be.Looking good.
Once I finished my main sculpt,it was time for posing.I sketch alot of various poses.I decided to do them all, well 5 of them for I kinda like too get it right this time round.Every one took well under 4 hours to pose, some still need a little alpha lovin and smoothin on eggy,but squirt turtle is done.....Im leaning towards the turle in the sand...
...Sweet dude..
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #58
artist_cg

hi guys some amazing sculpts going on here , i tried to go with a different thing than the egg and still keep the idea of "born" , anyway about 2 hours of work , and i 'll spend the rest trying to fix it , it was hard to get a hand from a sphere , anyways , C&C are more than welcomed , good luck everybody

Last edited by artist_cg; 06-09-2008 at 12:11 AM..
artist_cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #59
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
hey! DELTATHUND3R show us more screangrabs!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #60
DELTATHUND3R

ok heres some shots of 3 poses,all under 4 hours.
Im hoping one of these poses will be ok for final submission.
Attached Images