>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 23-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
jone
pencil breaker

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 3
hei guys heres tonights half hour batch of thumbnails

Tomorrow ill get on sketching..warm up s over

Yes i used alchemy for these...it just suits me

keep the C&C coming

cheers!
Attached Images

jone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
10 feels sweet to me.

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #18
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
ten looks cool.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #19
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Same for me, 10 looks the best.
Old 27-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #20
jone
pencil breaker

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Hei guys ,thanks for droping by

Heres 3 sketches i did of 2designs i think im gonna go for,the far right is a ****y persp view of the second..(damm long time since i did any linework) ) Pencil + photoshop...sry for the quality ...i photographed them...
tell me what you think

Btw i opened a thread with some of ym personal work here: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=66168

Id be showing it in the signature but it doesnt wanna show hehe

cheers!
Attached Images

Old 27-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: targer reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
kickass sketches dude! checked out ur personal work too, I must say its really great! some excellent enviros there, something I need to work on desperately!

be checking back here often

fight on!
Ghostbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #22
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
nice concepts man, i prefer the two for me keep it up!
Old 27-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
The second one looks real nice. Great work and keep it coming.
Old 27-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #24
Gin

The second figure with shoulder pads of the first

Last edited by Gin; 27-03-2009 at 02:23 PM..
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #25
Warbringerd

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Yea # 2 for sure man, I like the flow of the desig and how your elements integrate with the character.
Warbringerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Those are some wicked designs. Having just taken a peak at your personal work thread, which ever design you go with is gonna rock no doubt. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #27
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
really nice sketches and a great character to each one, I gonna have to go against the others and say number 1. I'd be interested in knowing which class / race you are aiming for also.

good work man, looking forward to seeing some more
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #28
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Awesome Pencils!
I would go with the one on the left.
Old 28-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #29
jone
pencil breaker

Awards Showcase
Ghostbrush>> thanks man i appreaciatte it!

chris_solo>> cheers!

kirgan>>thanks i will

Gin>>hmm i was seeinjg the second one as a total fighting machine and under those shoulder pads theres alot going that why i preffered those...but ill try some variations thanks!

Warbringerd>> cheers!

Warlock 279>>thanks alot!

L3XICON>> thanks! hehe well number one is strangly attracting me aswell.im going for machines >cyborg in true 3dtotal fashion hehe. im trying to base the chars on protection using those shields singula or togheter...gotta still think that out abit.

polysmooth>>cheers,nr one hmm

thanks so much for droping by and giving feedback.im working on some other sketches of these two but got other projects aswell so hopefully by monday night update Finished one of them..took me abit longer then the first..1.3 hours.

keep the crits coming guys!

cheers
Old 31-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #30
jone
pencil breaker

Awards Showcase
k so did this sketch yday or something...1 hour and abit ,thinking of the second guy in some battle position for a final illustration...after i did this i did the thumbnail...lol i work weird..Let em explain it..hes on top of a mech dune like...with all kind of parts from other machines and at his feet loads of demons getting wtfpwned by his guns...a big demonlord or whatever sneaks up on his back and takes his shields apart...something like that.

Ill be going on holiday in like 2 weeks for about 2 weeks so ill leave any final things after that..till then ill try explore some more if i got time.
let me know what you guys think

cheers
Attached Images