>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 20-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #391
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Some kick arse sculpts!!!
I ran out of time due to being insanely busy at work and the joys of wedding preparations!
Here's my base mesh, it's all I had time to finish
This said, I've learnt heaps about zspheres (I had to start again from scratch due to some nasty mesh twists that I just couldn't smooth out) so it's been a very valuable sculpt for me.
I'll finish this guy off in my own time.
Great work by everyone!! Gunna be a hard one to vote on!
Attached Images

gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #392
biano3d

Send a message via MSN to biano3d
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: won the The Sculpting Challenge 16, creature of legends:dragons The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge  
Total Awards: 3
TOLEDO: Stop man, that´s goro it´s awesome!!
MAXTX:Wow , first i love the game,and your models rock, great wip movies,congrats
biano3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #393
maxtx

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #16 The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #18 
Total Awards: 3
Thank you very much Biano! Thanks to all the tips and suggestions, really like the competition, again learned a lot from her job following the final hug to all!!

maxtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #394
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
really great works everyone O_O

i'd have two question
the first is if there is a way to disable the double face, since when i hav to sculpt thin objects when i pass the pen on a part of the object it affect the opposite face too, and in the same direction, and it's really a problem

the other question is, if there is a way to freeze a group of polygon, since my character has long hairs it would affect the body mesh too, but i need to see the body to pose the hair in a good way :\
Old 20-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #395
jramauri
God of destruction

Unfortunately, it seems I didn't make, as the deadline stays the same, and I'm not finished yet. Anyway, I'd like to post the rest of process here. I'm having a lot of fun with this sculpture. I pretty much finished her body and going to start her hair.

@Astaroth: If you mean in zbrush, look at the Brush pallete, it has an option called Backface auto mask, that will help you with thinner surfaces. About the groups, you can select a group and then mask it, to avoid brush strokes affect it. If the hair is a separated piece, like in my model, you can use the option transparency, on the transform pallete.
jramauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #396
arthurduque

Send a message via MSN to arthurduque
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Good luck to all!!!
and keep going!!

I found a old work...I do this for fun...winth a Polysphere
Zanguief of street fighter..
Attached Images

My blog and contacts

ZSketchBook

Last edited by arthurduque; 20-09-2009 at 11:22 PM..
arthurduque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #397
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Alright, great challenge! One of the best so far, I'd say, regarding what people have submitted.

Now get to voting!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #398
jsquared

there's some awesome work here folks!
i'm about 3 hours in and this is what i've got so far..the hands aren't exactly how i want em..but i think i'ma spend the rest of my time on the head n body..
Attached Images

Last edited by jsquared; 21-09-2009 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: wrote one thing, meant something different, fixed it
jsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 04:44 AM   #399
jsquared

ahh...wow..don't i feel stupid...saw 12pm for the submission and read 12am...good luck every1!
jsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #400
Moises Gomes

Send a message via MSN to Moises Gomes
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work  
Total Awards: 9
Congratulations to all participants !!!=)

Max, Arthur, Victor, Roger and Pedro Toledo great work!
Moises Gomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #401
deioarts

very cool even the work of all, congratulations to all

Last edited by deioarts; 22-09-2009 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: muito legal mesmo o trabalho de todos, parabens a todos :dance:
deioarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #402
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTATHUND3R View Post
Hi guys...
heres a wip of shadow.
Still have aheap of time too clean him up and add more details.
very nice