>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Painting - "Hero Attacks"

Old 18-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #31
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Wow it's becoming great! It seems some kind of Flash Gordon comic spin-off! =D
Unfortunately it really seems you paused him in the air =/ And I believe you should do and study the background first, you can have a better understanding of how the colors of the others elements will react and look better...at least this works for me =]
I'm loving the texture effects you got so far, especially those of the tentacles...they look fleshy! \o/ Put more shininess on the hero, I believe it would add more to his...alien nature

Great job so far, keep it coming!

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #32
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
uuuu, looking good, the shininess resenhista was talking about will sure do great things
Old 19-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #33
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
the pause thing will go away only if u show one leg lower than other and forshorten the farther leg's lower part.

and i dont like him pink, but this is one hell of an image for sure.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #34
Brazucka

I agree, those tentacles are awesome.
Brazucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #35
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
+1 like tentacle, maybe more white in your blues (ground/jeans) and some background color test? Nice work, keep it up!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #36
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
Total Awards: 2
i think it would be smart to try a leg pose, where one knee is higher than the other. I also think that his horns shouldn't be the same color green that's in the tentacles. Great progress so far.
omegamista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #37
Resenhista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
M, where are you?? I want more of the alien farm boy, probably you're taking yourself to the next level on your next WIP =D

Old 25-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #38
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
I'm so sorry guy my computer had a virues, I it took a little time to fix. now that i got it running i Should have more update here soon plus i have four day off from work so keep an eye out for pudate here in the next 24 hours. I still in this baby.

PS thanks for the comment and i will make all those correction and update.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #39
noundo

super!! we are waitin'! hope your pc work perfectly from now))
noundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #40
Resenhista

Awards Showcase
Yeah!! =D Welcome back M!

Old 25-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #41
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
thank guy, It should go smoothly from here on out.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #42
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
On the road again!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #43
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Hey guy I was going to put up one more update but i decided to finish it, so here is my final. I just wanted to say thanks for y'all Comment and i hope you like it.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #44
Heavenly
Imaginary Wings

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Cool concept, good luck

come and see my blog too... even if you don't like my handmades, maybe you will enjoy my music playlist....
My Blog

PORTOFOLIO
Heavenly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #45
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thank.

Tags
hero, speed painting