>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Digital Painting

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #16
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I see an angel on your first post's sketch of this thread, right side (wings, face and bust).
Am I right?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #17
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
really nice start, i like the face and the gear, i think that would be nice an ancient curse, thatt make this girl lose her clotes...magicaly or something, watitng for updates man
vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Hey there Wargrafix!
Nice start! I think that the woman is bit too muscular, but you can go with this of course, if you like it this way, because its believable.

And you might wanna check you private messages
Old 06-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #19
WhiteGuardian

Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: 01-04-2010 08:07 AM  	 Edit  Remove   	 chris_solo 	won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. 
Total Awards: 1
I like the 2nd pose. Can't wait the molten tomb.
WhiteGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #20
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

@washka yeah. looking at using an element there.
@White guardian; Yeah the second gives me alot of room to work with.
@ Cordero: Checked the pm, thx. The hands will get some modification when the concept gets work to know how i should adjust.
@vnmribaya, hahahahh That would be and interest concept, eh? lol

Its been a weekend of highs and lows. Birthday and girl stress. Gonna use the tension to propel some art, rather than wallow.

I have made major modificaions to te waterfall idea and the tomb. I might include a mini city along the face if I go with a water waterfall, versus a lava one. Its still got issues and I would like some critique. THe head of the gil might be turned to face the city if my mood suits it. So here it is:

________
HOTELS IN MEXICO

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 03:16 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

I'm paying for having too many ideas. lol

So I returned to work on the piece, and I gotta say the design while nice, I feel I want to try something different. For a few hours I threw around some ideas and I think I not too much caring for lava for either pieces. Waterfalls seem to give a few more design options. The first piece give more flexibility for lava than this new concept.

I work very erratically so in the midst of casual concepts will be heavy noodling of detail.

I present to you : Tomb raider: redux! I may go back to the original piece since I love the pose, but this one gives me a chance to go crazy on details. If the drawing gods are truly kind, I can come up with a rocking pose for the second one.

________
Homemade vaporizer

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #22
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
I prefer the first one! more dynamic good job man!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #23
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
first pose is spot on, but you gotta add the tree on the left hand side in the sketch above aswell it will frame the scene perfectly, you have a great sketching technique
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #24
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
keep bring it, it looking good.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #25
sarN

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #96 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place is SMC #36 
Total Awards: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargrafix View Post
@washka yeah. looking at using an element there.
@White guardian; Yeah the second gives me alot of room to work with.
@ Cordero: Checked the pm, thx. The hands will get some modification when the concept gets work to know how i should adjust.
@vnmribaya, hahahahh That would be and interest concept, eh? lol

Its been a weekend of highs and lows. Birthday and girl stress. Gonna use the tension to propel some art, rather than wallow.

I have made major modificaions to te waterfall idea and the tomb. I might include a mini city along the face if I go with a water waterfall, versus a lava one. Its still got issues and I would like some critique. THe head of the gil might be turned to face the city if my mood suits it. So here it is:

i love this angle. i think it would be even cooler though if it was an interior. she found some secret way inside the temple and up in the center there is the thing she is looking for... i think that would be way cool
sarN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #26
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

Thanks everyone. I want to preserve the linework in this one since I am enjoying doing the fine detail.

lol, it looks like everyone likes the dynamic pose. I do too. I still like doing alternate versions. Doing environments is a rough challenge but the results are really something. With the busy schedule, I feeling things are slugging behind. It the risk doing detailed scenes. Well hopefully the direction won't blow up in my face. lol

@sarN in the original concept its was semi interior and other pieces I did, the interior design wasn't working to well for me. Lighting issues I think.

Here is a use of detail in the scene:

________
Recall zoloft

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #27
Alisor

I really like the dynamic pose (like everyone and the drawing style overall - looking forward to see the color

just a little suggestion - i think maybe something in the left corner would nicely balance the composition.
Alisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #28
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

The tomb idea is still up for deliberation. Is it good?

The left side needed some sort of balancing, I agree. I threw in some trees, but on a lower level.

________
How To Open Iolite

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #29
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
the line work is looking really good try adding some planes in the background. i don't know why.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #30
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
keep it up dude!