>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Matte Painting

Old 17-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #16
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Send a message via MSN to tjerkotten
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 5
I actualy like the castle, although its a little big too big i think. Nice colouring...
tjerkotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #17
TheSaraf

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge. 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjerkotten View Post
I actualy like the castle.....

I like the castle too but there are not too meny medieval castles in the jungles around the world. Anyway here is one concept with a mayan/aztec pyramid.

Old 19-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
2BIG3k

Send a message via ICQ to 2BIG3k
Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! 
Good progress, i like it. One thing you might consider is to move over the temple that's your focal point a little more to the left to improve the composition. Keep it up.
2BIG3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #19
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: won the speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: my artwork won in the speed painting challenge  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaraf View Post
I like the castle too but there are not too meny medieval castles in the jungles around the world. Anyway here is one concept with a mayan/aztec pyramid.

Hi There. I agree. The temple should be a little bit smaller perhaps and more to the left. My eye keeps going off the picture and i want to go to the right, but then the picture ends. Keep it going and hope you have enough time to finish it...
Old 19-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #20
Rievilo

Excelent progress !
Keep it up !
-----------------------------------
Rievilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
yaRa

I like piramida more!
It looks organic )
Old 21-04-2010, 04:50 AM   #22
atulkatdare

Send a message via Yahoo to atulkatdare
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
nice progress..
Old 25-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #23
TheSaraf

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge. 
Got little time to work on this matte. I am moving to a bigger apartment next weekend and my workplace now reminds me of Hiroshima 1945. Hope i finish this one. Here is another update. Cloned water and some other stuff to be fixed...

Old 25-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #24
Jaxko

brilliant, I love the composition of this piece. Everything is so detailed and fits in nicely.
although I would add a little more atmosphere in front of the castle and slightly desaturate the trees as well.

regards,
Jack.
Jaxko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #25
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
Great update
Old 26-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #26
TheSaraf

Awards Showcase
Color correction and water almost fixed... update

Little more atmosphere

Last edited by TheSaraf; 26-04-2010 at 09:17 AM..
TheSaraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #27
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Looking epic! Love the separate waterfalls, the colouring is nice and even at the moment and the vegeation works a treat, really nice update.
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #28
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Cool .
The new additions and reworks looks real nice Not as messy at all any more, much more clean.

Awesome !

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #29
tjerkotten
Knowledge must be free

Awards Showcase
The tree in front of the camera is standing a little bit too much in the picture. My eye want to go to the left of it, bringing too much attention to the left. If you placed it different so that it closes the left side of the picture, the eye would focus more on the building. Its just something i feel at the moment. Positive critism
Old 26-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #30
Androgs
Digital Artist

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
wow..the latest update is so nice!! so clean and detail
Androgs is offline   Reply With Quote