>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Animation Challenge

Old 26-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #226
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
liquidbear: i tried 1 , try it an tell me if its riggable

http://rapidshare.com/files/237503511/sack.max.html

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #227
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
ok i will give it a go i say it should be rigable

Im not really a rigger but i have had a bit of expierence while rigiing and animatin and modelling a complete set of characters for a game i made 2 years ago hope im not too rusty

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #228
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
arrgghhh i remember y i hate rigging lol
If anyone can rig it go right ahead i will keep trying

ps
i found this for maya can anyone convert it to max ?.... if at all possible
http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downlo...cter-4330.html

pps

if any one is lookig just for animation rigs go to 11 second club and go to there resources page plenty professional rigs up there to play with

Just squeezing in another idea in this post dont want to over croud the page with me
how about lifting a heavy weight with the use of a turn handle crane

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES

Last edited by liquidbear; 26-05-2009 at 10:30 PM..
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #229
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
again a brain storm , love that.
but have u got a box or a dumble for ur rig to pick up?

My 3D Thread
Old 20-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #230
Bob Marley
Need to work more...

Send a message via MSN to Bob Marley
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Just wondering is there gone be an animation challenge???
Bob Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #231
thee

Awards Showcase
BigToe isn't replying anymore so i guess not
thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #232
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
well, no matter how cool the idea, or how many people say they would like to give it a try, only one person finishes. So, if thats the case, why make it a change. It should just be practice.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #233
Bob Marley
Need to work more...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Hmmmmm, yeah animation is not as fun than modeling, thats probably why it should be like the speed scuplting challenge, and 8 hours work, to do a 3 second animation or less or whatever, cartoonish or realistic. Or I dont know, their already 16 pages of ideas so people must have said that already I guess.

But yeah i d be happy to give it a try.

Ok take care guys.
Old 22-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #234
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
i agree wth big toe sir, ill like to make a point or suggest a detour out of this.

why cant we take up2d animationfor a change? , lets do the basic animation excersices we did when we started a student.

i am sure every one wud love the"back to school type thing"

besides new comers will get a golden chance.

once this trend gets fans then we can do more tricky and detailed stuff.

speak ur mind on this, doesn matter if me got 0 support.

My 3D Thread
Old 11-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #235
SnappedStrings
Criticism Fairy

Awards Showcase
Well, if we're going for speed and quality, I think then we should think in terms of frames

Let's say... an animation in 150 frames? 5 seconds of animation.

Ideas:

Biped:

Sit in a chair
Sit on the floor
Waiting in line
Walk cycle
Walking and tripping
Walking and falling down a hill
Walking and falling off a cliff
Flying
Jumping
Hopscotch
Sword Swing/Shield Block
Jump rope
Throwing up/getting sick
Throwing/catching something
Anvil falls on head
Running in fear
Stepping on stones
Balance Beam
Punching Bag

And an unlimited amount more. I can't believe you guys are short on ideas!
I feel like a maximum of 5 seconds of animation would be good, 5 hours Maximum to animate (not exactly speedy, but considering 5 seconds of professional animation would take weeks)

I really hope these pick up, I'm looking forward to trying my hand at them!

Portfolio
SnappedStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #236
SnappedStrings
Criticism Fairy

Awards Showcase
I have to disagree with aby arty. I would absolutely hate the back-to-basics 2d animation. I hated it in school, and I'd hate it in a challenge. I prefer 3d animation in every way.

But I think for the animation challenge to work, you'd need to provide a rig for download. So that everyone can start off on an even level (animating with biped sucks bigtime)

Also, a facial rig would be great, as several people have already suggested. Again, a rig would need to be provided

The problem is, making a rig for every 3d system in the world would be impossible. So I think providing one for max or maya would be the only rational thing, as they comprise about 98% of the animating world

Portfolio
SnappedStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #237
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
thanks for being honest , i actully didnt mean to send u back to the animation table.

u can use toonboom or flash or the new animation feature in PS.

and i dnt understand why will u hate things like bouncing ball and bird flight , i adore them.

the + point is u can use symbols and make tweened animation.

this wud give oppurtunit to those 3d artists who feel lacking in 2d , and will not hessitate here to try.

all i was hinting at was the need of rig will be eliminated.

My 3D Thread
Old 29-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #238
katana

Awards Showcase
Driving a race car....I think it would be hilarious.
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 05:01 AM   #239
Bob Marley
Need to work more...

Awards Showcase
that would be a good one yeah katana

is this section ever gone go somewhere?
Old 15-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #240
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Total Awards: 7
Something tells me it's going to be totally revisited with new forum upgrade or gone forever... Me personally would enter this challenge as I want to start learning animation, but who knows...