>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 30-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #31
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
This sound interesting I need to go check out these programs. Is this hard to learn, I guess what I'm trying to say is, is this one of those thing that easy to learn but hard to master.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #32
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Cederstrom View Post
This sound interesting I need to go check out these programs. Is this hard to learn, I guess what I'm trying to say is, is this one of those thing that easy to learn but hard to master.
Go to the Mudbox site,grab yourself the trial version there and give it a go! Mudbox is very simple to use and with these challenges I'm sure you will learn some good things.
Old 30-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #33
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Sweet thanks, Aleks I Just pick up a version going to try it out, I'm not really a modeler but it don't hurt to try some thing new . This there any good site with tutorial out there?
Old 30-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #34
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
There's a lot of cool videos with using Mudbox on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...x&search_type=

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #35
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Thanks, Freespace hey I knowtist that there was a brush that work both side of the object, but you only had to work with one side of the object, ( kinda like mirroring) does anybody know how you do that on Zbrush. sorry if i confuse ya'll. LOL
Old 30-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #36
yoyomon
Registered Lurker

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' 
Total Awards: 1
M_Cederstrom I think if you press the X on your keyboard, it'll mirror the strokes you make.
yoyomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #37
Knut
The Dark One

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Keep in mind if you hide for example an ear and sculpt on the other ear, the hidden ear will not be affected. There is a way to mirror geometry from one side to the other, but it's a wee bit complicated (but not much) so I can explain it in detail if it's necessary.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #38
silvaticus

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge No. 10 Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
It` s not really complicated, in tool menu/deformation/smart resym but sometimes there will be problems.
Nice idea for a challenge!
silvaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #39
Knut
The Dark One

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Yeah it's the problems that occur that makes the process as weeeee bit complicated. Or time consuming at least.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #40
silvaticus

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge No. 10 Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
I have problems with subtools, they seem to lose their ability to work with smartresym after their position is changed. A smart resym immediately after a subtool is appended seems to fix the problem just that usually I forget to do it.
Also, when Zbrush gives you a nice 99,99% symmetry points found and you feel the blood pressure growing, pressing "unify" or going up or down subdivision levels to do the smart resym can help.
silvaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #41
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
sweet thanks guys, for the tip. I should have more question coming soon, right now I'm playing with it, to get a feel for where every thing is at.
Old 30-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #42
Aleks
Silky smooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
EDIT: I wrote some stuff here,but after reading it I realized that it was actually wrong for the most part.So I'm editing it not to confuse people...

Last edited by Aleks; 01-05-2008 at 12:42 AM..
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #43
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
I have another ? can you paint in zbrush or texture as well. and how do you go about doing that?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:47 AM   #44
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
There are two methods really, you can paint via traditional UV mapping cords or painting with zbrushs 'pixols'. The latter is going to need more sub-divisions. You can read about the basic setup here it covers both.

http://www.zbrush.info/docs/index.php/Polypainting

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #45
Aleks
Silky smooth

Awards Showcase
EDIT: Looks like DeadlyFreeze posted his reply while I was doing my "slow typing"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Cederstrom View Post
I have another ? can you paint in zbrush or texture as well. and how do you go about doing that?
You can.Even though there are some basic tools for unwrapping, in 3.0/3.1 you can paint directly onto a model without any UV's.To do so,select your model,make sure it's in the Edit mode (T on the keyboard),then go to the Tool menu->Texture and enable "Colorize" there.After that go to the Draw menu and unselect Zadd/Zsub.Now choose a color and start painting

But,um,I guess we should stop with all those questions here ZBrush is a very complicated thing so if you really want to know more about it,just go to its Wiki page. I forgot the site address,but just Google "ZBrush Wiki". I'm sure you'll find all the answers there