>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #46
DemolishMan
Lord of Terror

Location: I live on a City, inside a State, and then on a big Country. Earth ?
I am interested in

I am interested in making Pinky or the Brain from Pinky and the Brain cartoon.

When does it start?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #47
funkdelic
3D Dude!

Send a message via ICQ to funkdelic Send a message via MSN to funkdelic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: the 2nd place at the 22nd LowPoly Contest  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
demolishman: it already started man =]
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #48
Nima_3dman
CG++

hey "Crab People", nice job.

I was forgetting that character, yeah I remembered those wonderful days... thx
Nima_3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #49
AA-ron
Double-A

"also no Superheroes Or Mechas"
I dont know if anyone is familiar with the Japanese show, The Guyver, but I was thinking it would be wicked fun to sculpt him...would he be considered a superhero?

-Or- my second idea was maybe Meatwad, Frylock or Earl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force haha

Since I put the super soldier sculpt on the back burner and ran out of time, I have to do a slammin job on this one haha.
www.youtube.com/algae998
AA-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #50
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intervain View Post
well my absolute favourite cartoon characters are Hades from Disney's Hercules and Wilde E. Coyote so I have to have a go at at least one of those guys
I love Hades as well.James Wood did a great job voicing him Would love to see you sculpt him
Old 10-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #51
DemolishMan
Lord of Terror

maybe ill try he-man, if no one else is doing it.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #52
vongn
rolling stone

hey,

I see lots of good ideas floating around.

Spent about 3 hours at work doing this on the laptop. its suppost to be Eric Cartman from South Park. sculpting in the mudbox, hair and posing in the zbrush. I'll do another one soon, not sure what character though.
Attached Images

“There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
vongn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #53
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Haha, that's cool, vongn. Just try to make Cartman less cheery, he's always annoyed at something, remember?

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #54
DemolishMan
Lord of Terror

vongn it does look like cartman, lol.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #55
Norman Anderson

Funny challenge...

Sorry Demolishman, I started sculpting without see your post.

1 hour

http://normananderson.blogspot.com/
Norman Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:58 PM   #56
Medusa
Commando Useress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in the SMC  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a Speed Modelling Challenge  
Total Awards: 4
I'm thinking about sculpting Papa Smurf. Great challenge... I hope I won't fail my exams
Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #57
grommie
DDD Addicted

Send a message via MSN to grommie
Just blocking some shapes... about 30, 40 minutes of working on it.
See ya guys!

www.codornafilmes.com.br/glauco
grommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #58
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
vongn, nice one!< are you using that illustrated drawing of them as reference? you have nailed it

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #59
Josh_Strey
Taco Eating Texan

Vogn- thats so awesome... you should knock out the other 3... or maybe give butters a shot.

-J

JStrey- Sketchbook
Josh_Strey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 AM   #60
DemolishMan
Lord of Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Anderson View Post
Funny challenge...

Sorry Demolishman, I started sculpting without see your post.

1 hour
No worries, i changed my mind earlier @ he-man =D