>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 17-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #196
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGamer-3DT View Post
When the voting starts i'll make sure your entry is in the final thread page reading for judging votes

CG.
Thank you very much, CG!

Tom Hanks looks awesome, Grek! Congrats!

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #197
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
wow, really impressive stuff! Especially walter mathau, tom hanks, gorbachev, beckham, john cleese, um lots of others just can't remember off the top of my head. Great work everyone seriously!

I definitely want to enter. I will probably will do it last minute.

ps: should i have a bronze metal from the santa challenge, or no?
AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #198
stroggtank
Dead before battle

Send a message via MSN to stroggtank
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work ''The Final Warning'' was linked from the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Frontpage with  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Swimming Dinosaur'' Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Executioner'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''Lets Make a Splash Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 15
Great works guys!!!! i have a lot of ideas and i´d love to join the fun but my wrist is still damaged.. damn! .... CG, you should make a Part2 of this challenge, there are a lot of great pieces in here, congratulations!

The two tom hanks look great! he looks totally like a friend of mine... :S wich is kinda disturbing...

good louck to all!
stroggtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #199
DELTATHUND3R

Some not bad works happening..Well done too all.
Wheres the final submission thread guys????
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 04:10 AM   #200
centauro44

Hello to all, great job everyone! Lucas,Gorbachev and Matthau are amazing. This is my caricature, Mickey Rourke as The Wrestler, I hope you like it.
4:20 hours
Good luck for all.
Attached Images

Last edited by centauro44; 18-03-2009 at 11:35 AM..
centauro44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #201
Lord McGoat

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 2nd Place 
Ok here's my second go, which I reckon will be the one that I enter

It's exciting to see how much great work has been done for this competition, very inspiring.

Last edited by Lord McGoat; 18-03-2009 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Still failing to upload an image...
Lord McGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #202
H2olt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: George Lucas, 3rd place speed sculpting #14 Celebrity Caricature The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Runner Hybrid, 2nd place speed sculpting #17 Biomechanical Hybrid Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Sigh, well, It seems that when I work from photographs I'm not that good at making caricatures. they end up looking too much like the subjects. My wife tried to warn me that if I tried to caricature churchill I'd end up just doing a likeness cuz in her word "he's just got such an interesting face on his own"

McGoat- That model is freaking awesome. Probably the best modeled saggy old rocker flesh i've ever seen. Makes me wish there were more to the base mesh so that he didn't look so much like an amputee. also is that one of the standard skin matCaps? if not where'd you get that?

Oh also, I finally found a decent use for those teeth inside the mouth that just always seem to get in the way.
Attached Images

Last edited by H2olt; 18-03-2009 at 06:44 PM..
H2olt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #203
DELTATHUND3R

mcGoat=Iggys very good,well done on that sculpt..
H2olt=Churchill looks great well done.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #204
Maxter1

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Smile

I like that Iggy... great model Lord McGoat!

Here's my final....
Attached Images

Maxter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #205
H2olt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: George Lucas, 3rd place speed sculpting #14 Celebrity Caricature The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Runner Hybrid, 2nd place speed sculpting #17 Biomechanical Hybrid Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Here's my start on everyone's favorite father figure who never makes it through the first Act. Probably still leaning towards finishing up George Lucas for the final, but I wanted to give this one a try.

Nice job finishing up with the Jim Carey model. looks great.

It'll be nice to see all these models finished in the final submission thread (assuming everyone didn't get distracted by dominance war starting again)
Attached Images

H2olt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #206
BaZe
I ♥ CG

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Speed Demons'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in SMC 037 - Rock the Bells 
Wow you guys are amazing, really great work..
BaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #207
DJdude
noobster

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I'm suprized no one has done mr. bean.
Old 19-03-2009, 05:12 AM   #208
stroggtank
Dead before battle

Send a message via MSN to stroggtank
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work ''The Final Warning'' was linked from the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Frontpage with  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Swimming Dinosaur'' Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Executioner'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''Lets Make a Splash Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 15
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJdude View Post
I'm suprized no one has done mr. bean.
haha, no way dude!... I wanted sculpt him so much since the beggining of the comp....ok lets call this mere coincidence

1:30 so far .. it hasnt been too difficult since the guy is already a caricature in real life.... now I need to rest my damn hand

great work guys! Liam Neeson is awesome by the way
cheers!
Attached Images

stroggtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #209
Shahin_fj
Totally 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Smile Great Caricatures, Awsome Sculptures..

Hi everyone...
After a long absence, I decided to participate on this one...
Here is my entry. It takes about 2 hours.

Good luck everybody. Great job.
Attached Images

Shahin_fj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #210
Bobben

Have been some great caricatures here lately! Great work everyone!
The mr Bean is a great start, you really nailed the likeness

I also love the George Lucas, really cool caricature!

I guess there won't be any final submission thread? Anyway here's my final submission. Was hard to choose if I would go for hanks or cleese, but I finally decided to go for Hanks.
5 hours used, still some areas I would like to fix, but time's up!
Attached Images

Bobben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#14, caricature, celebritiy, challenge, sculpting, speed, ssc, threedy