>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 15-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #106
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
umm freespace sir
i am not comfortable wth the dragon mesh's axis information ,symmetry are going haywire.
may i rotate it in max please? or tell me how to corect it in zbrush.

and yes wher can i get the challenge poster image in the very frst post of this thread?
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #107
Zoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
umm freespace sir
i am not comfortable wth the dragon mesh's axis information ,symmetry are going haywire.
may i rotate it in max please? or tell me how to corect it in zbrush.

and yes wher can i get the challenge poster image in the very frst post of this thread?
Just use Z axis
Zoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #108
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
i did that but it will go haywire soon to ,especially during musculature.
move toolis a nightmare right now.

there must be some way in zbrush to reset axis i guess.
Old 15-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #109
Zoli

but in this case,just turn off the X axis, and turn on the Z axis,and its working, and its seams it works at everybody
Zoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #110
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
aby arty: Hello! I'm sorry but I specifically remember centering and aligning the pivot point of the base mesh to act correctly. What do you mean by challenge poster? In case you mean the Sculpting Challenge logo, you can find it in high-res here: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=60028

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #111
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
iam used to wrking wth x, but will have to use z now. but iam 100% sure that even z axis dsnt havefull control on the model .

i mean the dragon image in the frst post , where did ya get it cudnt find it on google. cud u tell me.?
Old 15-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #112
califfguzman
Illustrator/Motion Artist

aby arty: try Y axis then. use m key to toggle x axis by default so make sure you have that off. or youll get 4 brushes.
Make sure you only mirror in one direction at a time. Under the "transform" option.
Hope that helped
califfguzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #113
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
he... here´s update after 4h and 45min so far... hope u like it !!!
Attached Images

Old 15-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #114
XADA

Well, I think i don't like it, I love it!!
I hope i'll find the last 6H30 i have to give more details to my "whimsical" dragon (thanks mrpeculiar, i learned a new english world!!)
Froggy Xada
XADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #115
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
freespace sir
z axis is no good for me. its kind slithereing topology but thez symetry is going of the track. not perfect mirroring u see.

can i rotate in max/maya ? or is that against the rules?
Old 15-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #116
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
CHAO5: I really love what you've done with the head, and all the small crispy details on it.

aby arty: It's very strange it isn't working out for you. Go ahead and rotate the pivot. I'm sorry, the image is a top confidential secret

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #117
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
CHAO5: I really love what you've done with the head, and all the small crispy details on it.
thx man.
Old 15-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #118
XADA

Well, update after 3H30, or something like that!
landed...

My blog: http://archsca.blogspot.com
Attached Images

Last edited by XADA; 15-05-2009 at 10:27 PM..
XADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #119
maxxeh

Red face I'm thinking about joining this one!

Hi there.. I've always seen these challenges and wanted to join in, But never had the courage!
I don't have much experience with Zbrush and I've only learnt the basics, but hopefully participating in this challenge will help me learn!

I've always loved the dragons Feng Zhu has drawn in his concept art.. and have chosen one of his images to base my design around.

Here is as far as I have got in the first 1h 30m.

His head and neck need a bit better positioning..
Any and all crit VERY welcome.. I want to make it to the best of my ability!

I'm having trouble with the arms, tail and wings going really thin everytime I sculpt.. I'm using the inflate brush to stop it. but its annoying..
Attached Images

Last edited by maxxeh; 15-05-2009 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Image Resize
maxxeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #120
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
wow the sketch is real good man...