>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Coming of the Ice - Feb 2010 > 'The Coming of the Ice' - Speed Modelling

Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #46
Dann-O

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Excellent work on the tracks there pretty amazing for the amount of time.
Dann-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #47
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Thanks soooo much guys for all your positive responses. I never realized how much my modeling speed had improved. While in school i did alot of speed modeling excersizes to improve my techniques. Now for the past 2 years i have been working as a 3d modeler. that means modeling for 9hrs everyday non stop. So i guess i have picked up a few techniques to improve my speed and meet my deadlines.

My goal is to finish up my last 30mins of modeling tomorrow so that i can watch the superbowl. i plan on unwrapping and texturing this model. seems like i will have 20 days to do that. even though i absolutely LOATH unwrapping (like most modelers i know).
TNTxGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #48
Rachel vd M
Rachèl van der Meer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  SMC 72  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge SMC 74 for making a camera Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge  #68  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: nd place in a speed modelling challenge #66 -  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''pirates'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #68  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTxGRAVE View Post
what school do you go to? I went to The Art Institute of Washington.
i went to the "Grafisch Lyceum Utrecht" its a dutch school, but quite a disapointment, everything i know about 3d is way above what they teach on school

also i was wondering, im currently working on the threads that support my drill
only can you maybe explain how you made those tracks fit around the wheels?
im having trouble bending them along a spline

amazing drill btw
Rachel vd M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #49
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Rachel: I'll make a short tutorial for you.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #50
Razeem
Infected

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com 
This is some great modeling!
very nice going
good luck!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #51
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Wow, amazing work in such a short time period.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #52
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Thanks guys...i will be posting up some wireframe renders in a little bit
Old 06-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #53
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Here are some wireframes as promised.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #54
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Incredibly good clean meshes, well done work to be proud of!
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #55
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Thanks CG. being the perfectionist that i am, you have no idea how some areas of the geometry bother me. But due to time constraints i am not going to fix them...lol
Old 07-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #56
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
amaizing work in so little time. geometry looks so clean. i see those 9 hours of modeling a day pays off . respect
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #57
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
You learn to be fast when Art Directors expect the impossible to be done in 20mins. lol
Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #58
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
20 minutes? i know what they could do in 20 minutes: go take a sh** and wipe their a** and coming back bring a hard working man a cup of coffe.
bu to be more serious i think theres nothing better to boos you oroductivity like good old practise . i remember when i modeled with autocad, it took me minutes to do what other people done in an hour.
did you finish some art scool or something, or are you self learned?
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #59
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
paulius-st: I graduated from The Art Institute of Washington DC about 8months ago. I have been seriously thinking of going to The Vancouver Film School. Some of the work comming out of there is AMAZING, and i want to surround myself with people that are waaaay better than i am.

I worked on my model for 15minutes today just placing the Cable Holders, Solar Panels (on back) and the drill connection blocks on the top and bottom of the arm.

If you were unaware..I intended for the big piece that wraps around the back of the machine to also be a solar panel.

My last 15 minutes will be spent setting up the cable system on the arm

Last edited by TNTxGRAVE; 08-02-2010 at 12:44 AM..
Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #60
Rachel vd M
Rachèl van der Meer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  SMC 72  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge SMC 74 for making a camera Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge  #68  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: nd place in a speed modelling challenge #66 -  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''pirates'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #68  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTxGRAVE View Post
paulius-st: I graduated from The Art Institute of Washington DC about 8months ago. I have been seriously thinking of going to The Vancouver Film School. Some of the work comming out of there is AMAZING, and i want to surround myself with people that are waaaay better than i am.
Was thinking of the same thing, there are just a few thing that stand in my way though, like the price of a education, or the 6 days a week from early to late workschedule.

If you go, keep us posted on your progress and experiences there
Rachel vd M is offline   Reply With Quote