>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > CG Chat

Old 23-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #16
elidaman

Thank you. He is happy and so am i of his work. He did warn me that making a model typically does take a month especially if want it to be super detailed and well textured. Under pressure he did super well...
elidaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
Kenhennen

Send a message via ICQ to Kenhennen Send a message via AIM to Kenhennen Send a message via MSN to Kenhennen Send a message via Yahoo to Kenhennen
OP, the whole thing is going wrong.

you wanted 18 high quality characters for $3600 (btw here's convertor) in a month? this is never gonna happen this way

as one of my friends used to quote, "price, quality, and speed. pick two". in your case you wanted all three and you got speed and price in place.

as for the art, it's all about what you consider "enough". the characters you posted are poorly done in terms of gaming/fmv, but there may be cases where this is enough.

my guess is, you are overextending yourself with this task, planning something big from start. anyway, good luck with that...

as for the question, you are definitely not overpaying him in terms of "make 18 in a month". pros would probably not sign for this due to work/time. your guy is junior, and a month under such pressure, no matter the results, for this money is ok.

-----
www.alsber.com

Last edited by Kenhennen; 27-10-2010 at 01:02 PM..
Kenhennen is offline   Reply With Quote