>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Game Art - Weapons Of Dominance

Old 30-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #136
gnome
Stray Soul

Send a message via ICQ to gnome Send a message via MSN to gnome
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Wrestling Move'' 
Total Awards: 3
I'm still alive!

Currently at 3074 tris, minus the few I will be able to shave off once I remove the symmetry modifier. Still gotta build arms and some cables, hydraulic cylinders and stuff.
Edges are automatically smoothed depending on the angle right now, which is why it may look weird in some places.

As always, any comments are highly appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by gnome; 30-01-2011 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: added AO, much easier to see things.
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 02:35 AM   #137
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
ok, so instead of actually hold this gun, you place your hand/arm in the energy orb. The orb uses your life force to power the gun. The more you "use" this gun, the more life force it drains from your body. So in other words, I'm too lazy to fix anything that might not work if it was real.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #138
LemonW

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Lost Jungle - Low Poly (Game Art) - 2nd place - Indiana Jones: LemonW 
Total Awards: 2
this is my entry. the final model will be less than 1000tris. with 512X512 texture. i design this for a new charactor which is just started.
Attached Images

LemonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #139
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
hulahuga: Ur right, will be fixed as soon as I get to the metal parts.

washka: Thanks man!

tsabszy: I'm gonna keep thank anyway! Thats how I roll

BiG ToE-3DT: Looks cool indeed. BALLS!

LemonW: Looks like a guitar. With a tail. Really cool
Old 30-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #140
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
LemonW: It's a guitar? Nice concept, like it !!!
Big-Toe: Lazy guy spotted !!!
gnome: No lill arms? (You could make two BIG ones, it will contrast with the classical T-rex stereotype, or keep it like this) Start tex!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #141
LemonW

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Lost Jungle - Low Poly (Game Art) - 2nd place - Indiana Jones: LemonW 
Total Awards: 2
Cordero, washka:it is not a a guitar, but also an instrument, i referenced to a mandolin
LemonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #142
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
So your weapon of choice is some kind of mandolin LemonW...
Could I accompany?
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 30-01-2011 at 05:24 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #143
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
here u go , dunno where its going though, might do it so the hand fits inside it maybe hmmm
Attached Images

needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #144
gnome
Stray Soul

Send a message via ICQ to gnome Send a message via MSN to gnome
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Wrestling Move'' 
Arms, hydraulics, rigging.
I'm at roughly 3800 tris, does anyone have suggestions where some more would be indicated? Otherwise I'm probably gonna build some cables on the legs.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #145
folktrollish

i going somewhere else, not fixed yet, this is a berserker mask, gives the wielder a brute force but also drives it crazy and blind
Attached Images

folktrollish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #146
TheBat

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place For PMC 26 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place For PMC 27 Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place In PMC #28 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Speed Demons'' 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG ToE-3DT View Post
Weapons Of Dominance

The idea here is to create an ultimate weapon, one so powerful it can’t help but win a war. One so great, the mere mention of it’s name causes the enemy to surrender. One so horrendous, the wielder has to crazy to even try to use it.

Limits / Restrictions:

I’m thinking we can go two ways with this one:

1. All out, no limits. Unlimited tris, unlimited textures, render however you want.

or

2. 4,000 tri limit, 1 (2048x2048) texture sheet (diffuse, spec, normal, blah, blah, blah) viewport renders a must(first person shooter point of view), render engines just for fun. Moving parts would be nice too.

DUE DATE: Feb 20th 11:59pm GMT

Final Entry Thread will be up the week before the deadline

Keep all work in progree in this thread
So, anyone decided on the restrictrions yet? Seeing all kinds of different entries would suggest the "(first person shooter point of view)" doesn't really apply anymore?

I'm working on some model as well, will post screenies later this week!

Cheers, TheBat
TheBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #147
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
No there are two different categories for entries so as to be able to judge properly...

ps: Will be working a bit more on my model tonight if I manage to get my school work in time...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #148
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
TheBat: the limit/restrictions in the breif, are the limit/restrictions. You get to pick the one you want. Cause I'm such a nice guy.

20 days left, for all you slow pokes out there.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatBiG ToE-3DT! Thank you:
hulahuga (01-02-2011)
Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #149
McKronic
Lighter/Compositor

Send a message via MSN to McKronic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the Low-Poly Challenge #28B - Vehicle 
awesome entries so far, might jump in on this if I can get a concept together

2009 Demo on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QaxYcy6VBI
McKronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #150
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
posted this for like a thousand times, but I swear this is the last review of the texture

tribal stuff is not on it, coz it was disturbing.. hiding stuff I'm not sure about, and matching them later on to the things I already like.
Attached Images