>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 05-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
TCyril

ATOMHAWK 2D - ATOMHAWK poster - TCyril

Hello everyone! I am joining the competition too!
Here are my work in progress.

The first idea was to created a poster with the idea of a magical world because of the the work of AtomHawk design.

AtomHawk is a compagny which creating worlds and concept art for video game, so the first idea was to developping the idea of a sanctuary, a source, which give the power to enter in an other dimension, a odream world. I think that it was funny to play with this idea because it touching the principal idea of AtomHawk, the idea of creating new worlds.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The source be symbolise by the atom and the hawk is the spirit of power and creation liberate by the atom.
Like a mix of adventure and fantasy movie, the hero going to discovered that can realize his dream.

a few documentation and words to clearly see the direction of the concept and try to keep the ideas since all the process.

So no more sketch, just a reflexion in my mind a few documentation, poster inspiration and a good night of spleep and the idea can begin in the morning.
My first inpiration was Harry potter poster, there is the magical idea and I love the idea to have a short text in the middle of the poster to attrated the spectator.

I just put my idea on it and developpe the concept.

Dominate by blue colors beacause of the logo's color I try to get the idea of power and magic in my poster. I put to eyes in the top of the poster to giving more attraction.
All is ok, the idea is "correct" (i hope so), and the sketch is near my first idea.

Let's try to finished this sketch

Last edited by TCyril; 05-04-2011 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: error in the title
TCyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
TCyril

New update after one day of work, there's already a lot of work to do and to finished the poster like the image in my mind so the night will be long. The next 3 days will be very busy with other works so ... works works works !

just a process image to explain my concept my ideas and my choice, keep my first idea and to remind in my poster some element of the Atomhawk logo : the curve, the pike, the power ....

Old 05-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Good start man, looks good, keep up!
elgama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
TCyril

Thanks Elgama !
It's getting on !

The templar, the source, the mask .... some effects and texture are mising.
I'm not shure for the text it will certainly change, but I'm on it !

Old 08-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Totally dig it man, the comp, the colors, you nailed it, reminds me of some sort of crossover between indiana jones and a lucas arts adventure game. As you said it, just a little bit of polishing here and there and thats it, good job :
Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
I just jizzed in my pants!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
The Prime
Registered Abuser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
The shape of the design, meeting the eyes, has started to remind me of a metallic Big Bird. Good stuff though
Old 08-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
Gibran Nasir

Wow!...that is one awesome poster! Love the colors!
Gibran Nasir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
migroe

just: WOW! fantastic mood and colours!
migroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #10
4f6f3b
Oo;

It's looking good, although the shadow of the guy standing there doesn't match up right to me, and I'm not a fan of all the flares on the title.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
TCyril

Elgama : Thanks one more time man ! it's exactly that , I'm happy that you see the reference of indiana Jones because of the templar and the silhouette ... it's was clearly one of my reference when I want to make an adventure movie reference. I dosen't know the Lucas game but I think that Lucas is a great reference to, so I gladly accepted it

Daddy Doom : O-o !!!!! .... thanks ? (I don't know if I should say that )

The Prime : Yes, it's the idea, the mask re use the ligne and the pick of the logo, and renforce the idea of the Hawk.

Gibran Nasir, Migroe : Thanks !

4f6f3b: thanks critics are always welcome, I have hesitate but I decided to let the flare in the name to make like a vfx effect on it . here there are very visible because the background is really dark here with no texture i hope the result with the flare will be more interesting

Great news today my last matte painting will be featured in the next Expose edited by Ballistic publishing !let's go to work !
Old 12-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
vnmribaya

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 75 ''Deep Sea Creature'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' 
Total Awards: 8
nice work man!
vnmribaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #13
elgama

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCyril View Post
Great news today my last matte painting will be featured in the next Expose edited by Ballistic publishing !let's go to work !
Awesome news man, congratz!
Old 13-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #14
TCyril

vnmribaya, elgama : Thanks !

Final step, I use to give more power and texture in it. The texture on the mask giving a more futuristic aspect, one more thing that I would like to give to my concept.
Thanks to my friend Arnaud ( " Thanks dude !" ) I Change the text, his better like that.

so here is the result

some close up

Old 13-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #15
Gibran Nasir

bro...that is insane...
i just had one thought after seeing this...

'TCyril with a defiant grin on his face while uploading this epic piece '.

Congrats on your last painting being published man, thats brilliant!
Gibran Nasir is offline   Reply With Quote