>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Digital Painting

Old 21-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
maybe you can add some red rubys or fire fly with red light flying around, it give me a piecefull feeling on this one, like he found the fountaion of youth. just an idea.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #17
repi
sea planet

Hey. I agree with that sarN said, about the image problem.
Also the glow in his hands is quite brightly, you might add a tad of color also to it.. perhaps yellowish.
repi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #18
Howdy Partner

Hi Guys, thanks for all your help and advice. I really like the character at the front but didn't like the backround, I have changed it so I would love to know what you think.
Attached Images

Howdy Partner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #19
hardtack

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' 
Total Awards: 2
I really like the change. It seems much more complete and well realized this way. I also like the way you incorporated the threedy logo into your painting.
hardtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
the change does looks good it looking more complete.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
TimWinkelman

This is looking good. I like the glowing crystals a lot better than what you had before.

One thing that I think is a little bit of a problem area is the mouth of the cave behind him. It sort of looks like it is coming out of his hat. Moving it to the side or making it smaller could help this. The blue color being similiar to his shirt may also be part of this, but I don't know if that should change. Just making it not line up with his hat should help a lot.
TimWinkelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #22
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

Yeah, the glowing crystals set it apart.
________
House Md Forums

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 03:26 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #23
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
amazing!!

really nice feeling exudes out of it now , well done. IMO i think stalagtites and stalagmites of crstals may look better than the heaps of granules u have right now.

and along with crystals onthe floor there may also be crystals fixed deep in the cave wals and the ligting will also be dfferent , the cave is too dark near the entrance right now.

and what timwinkelman said, the entrance though doesnt look cmng from hat its actually the blue part causing the trouble.

show that ur raider is way deep into the cave and the halls or alleyways hes crossed to reach there should be showing throw that entrance.

and make the 3dt cube of solid gold and the glow golden too.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #24
Howdy Partner

Thanks for all your comments, I couldn't agree more with everything. I'm going to try to find time for a few changes before th close dates. Any other hints would be great! This is my first completed digital painting so advice is appreciated. thanks
Old 28-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #25
migroe

i like the pose a lot what about epanding the canvas a little bit on the left + right side? would be more place to play around with the crystals/cave/entrance...

for your first painting I think it looks really great! I'm sure, we'll see a lot of cool stuff by you in the future
migroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #26
Howdy Partner

I think this is my final one!

What do you think?
Attached Images

Old 28-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #27
Tirael K.S.

The gems are hypnotysing ),good work!
I think the last but one variant was more interesting,maybe add reflections on cave walls (roof) + back character
Tirael K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #28
repi
sea planet

Fine, you could experiment more with diferent strokes and brushes in different layers that help you to gain more texture and to get more deepness in pro the perspective, I'm missing the light's rims that comes from the back of the t-raider, for a better integration of the glow you might also use a layer on top and play with the opacity to don't lose the transparency and details that are behind of it with one screen or soft light layer.
keep it going!
repi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #29
robinson

I Love the light, and the pose but I think you could add much more.You need to try this digital painting in different colour & different texture.The last picture background is very nice.
The stone light reflect on eye.Its really great job.
Old 24-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #30
proximityinfote

Digital painting is an emerging art form in which traditional painting techniques such as watercolor, oils, impasto, etc. are applied using digital tools by means of a computer, a digitizing tablet and stylus, and software. Traditional painting is painting with a physical medium as opposed to a more modern style like digital. Digital painting differs from other forms of digital art, particularly computer-generated art, in that it does not involve the computer rendering from a model. The artist uses painting techniques to create the digital painting directly on the computer. All digital painting programs try to mimic the use of physical media through various brushes and paint effects. Included in many programs are brushes that are digitally styled to represent the traditional style like oils, acrylics, pastels, charcoal, pen and even media such as airbrushing. There are also certain effects unique to each type of digital paint which portraying the realistic effects of say watercolor on a digital 'watercolor' painting.[1] In most digital painting programs, the user can create their own brush style using a combination of texture and shape. This ability is very important in bridging the gap between traditional and digital painting.

__________________________________________________ ____________
Hotel Italy | Apartments Italy
proximityinfote is offline   Reply With Quote